• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Starting an FFL and becoming an SOT

You couldn‘t do it for 1.2 even if you could get a license….
Exactly. I know there is a way to make this settlement money become a fruitful endeavor. I’m just at a loss as to how. I just don’t want to return to the typical workforce. I hurt too much on the day to being a homebody nowadays…I couldn’t survive doing what I was doing before. My skilllset isn’t in tech. It’s construction. And that’s over. I don’t see it as returning to the workforce if I’m my own boss. Or doing something like collecting money from rentals like the tiny home idea.

Exactly. I know there is a way to make this settlement money become a fruitful endeavor. I’m just at a loss as to how. I just don’t want to return to the typical workforce. I hurt too much on the day to being a homebody nowadays…I couldn’t survive doing what I was doing before. My skilllset isn’t in tech. It’s construction. And that’s over. I don’t see it as returning to the workforce if I’m my own boss. Or doing something like collecting money from rentals like the tiny home idea.

All I’m saying is you missed the lotto, they are opening a few in Newnan and a few more in Coweta. (Really soon)

They weeded out the small guy with the 5,000 sq foot free standing store and the 750k minimum inventory requirement.

In for blowing up old cars with bazookas!

C708FEC4-FB49-44F8-B136-C1C83EDA8BD3.jpeg

In for blowing up old cars with bazookas!

View attachment 5469978
Lol thanks man I think the idea is mostly dead but I’m gonna keep up my research for a little longer just to be sure. Some things in my favor are The facts that I do have connections with the local gov, albeit loose but nevertheless some, and that I have a good “acquaintanceship” with the local sheriff and some of his guys (my pops grew up with him and was his close buddy for 10+ years and they still chat occasionally, so I’m not giving up the idea entirely just yet..

anyway do you guys think of the viability of keeping open just a plain gunsmithing store sans range in wedowee (wedowee is a small lake town about 20-25 minutes across the bama line next to Franklin, Ga which is down Hwy 34 from Newnan, GA for those of you who are unaware, if that even matters) surely all those retired Georgians that have houses over there and some of the actual residents (the county only has a population of ~22k) could be potential customers. There is a gentleman right down the road where I live who is just a gunsmith, no selling of any firearms, and he is able to keep the doors open…

I’ll ask you guys this then. I have the land (I’m not sure the total number it’s somewhere between 50-100 acres) for collateral for a business loan say I go solo. Plus the roughly (after lawyer fees and such well go low ball estimate) 350-500k coming to me. What would you guys do if you were my age (27) right now?

I can’t go back to a regular job. Standing and walking for more than an hour in the grocery store and the pain starts from where I shattered a vertebrae and had a new one plus metal put in last year. I need something (not some bs “safe” investment) that I can put my money into that will allow me to pull out $50k minimum to live off till I die.

So let’s say I dump everything from the settlement plus a 500k business loan into a business (and I say business because what else is going to give you a steady return in the 50-100k a year range?) what route do I go?

Or should I buy a preexisting business that is already doing well?

I have thought about another option. That is building 4-8 tiny homes and creating a small “village-esque” type place to be available to rent out on Airbnb, vrbo, and other sites including Facebook that cater to that sort of thing…as well as building my own site. I just don’t know what, besides the fact that lake wedowee is fairly close (like 5 miles away there is a small put in for kayaks and the main ramps for boats are probably 10 miles out), I could use to attract people to stay in the homes. Hunting is sparse as there aren’t many deer, at least not when i was hunting the land ten years ago, no hogs, turkey, or anything like that. And unfortunately lake wedowee is drained from Labor Day to Memorial Day, the off season.

I’m lost Guys. This settlement will be here in less than three months. Then my weekly workers comp checks will stop. And I will be left with my lump sum. I can’t go back to being a contractor in the movie industry working 12-16 hour days 5-7 days a week as my body won’t allow it. I wish I had never broken my back…
I'd set some aside for education. With good internet and a little know how I'm sure you could find a job where you don't have to stand and could work from home. Running and owning a business may sound easier than having a job, but it's absolutely not. Most businesses people own they can't just sit back and it make them money. It's the opposite. Having a job you make 50k a year from is way easier than a business that you can pull 50k out of every year.

If I had 100k-200k to start a side business I'd get myself a track hoe and a skid steer.

I'm also an FFL/SOT, there ain't **** money in it. I'm just a few years older than you as well. A guy on here and other places said if you want to make a million bucks in the gun industry, start with two. I've been told to run so many times lol.

If you want to build a range capable of the average idiot shooting both fully automatic firearms and explosives I would triple that number.

There’s a reason the guys that do this in N GA make their customers shoot through a drainage pipe into a trash plie.
"There’s a reason the guys that do this in N GA make their customers shoot through a drainage pipe into a trash pile"
YOU SAID A MOUTHFUL THERE! Billy Bob, Bubba, and Lil Ladufus can get stupid in a hurry at a gun range.

"There’s a reason the guys that do this in N GA make their customers shoot through a drainage pipe into a trash pile"
YOU SAID A MOUTHFUL THERE! Billy Bob, Bubba, and Lil Ladufus can get stupid in a hurry at a gun range.
about 8-10 years ago I watched 2 dudes get kicked out of bullseye's range for taking pictures with rented weapons to their heads.

Now I am all for Darwin awards...but dude was posing with a loaded glock to his head and his booger hook on the bang switch and I was on the other side of his head.

They got tossed a moment later. I left a few minutes after that.

WTF?!?

Back
Top Bottom