• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Starting an FFL and becoming an SOT

about 8-10 years ago I watched 2 dudes get kicked out of bullseye's range for taking pictures with rented weapons to their heads.

Now I am all for Darwin awards...but dude was posing with a loaded glock to his head and his booger hook on the bang switch and I was on the other side of his head.

They got tossed a moment later. I left a few minutes after that.

WTF?!?
Saw that on the news. I hate that range. It’s an idiot magnet.

about 8-10 years ago I watched 2 dudes get kicked out of bullseye's range for taking pictures with rented weapons to their heads.

Now I am all for Darwin awards...but dude was posing with a loaded glock to his head and his booger hook on the bang switch and I was on the other side of his head.

WTF?!?
Public ranges are my worst nightmare

I'd set some aside for education. With good internet and a little know how I'm sure you could find a job where you don't have to stand and could work from home. Running and owning a business may sound easier than having a job, but it's absolutely not. Most businesses people own they can't just sit back and it make them money. It's the opposite. Having a job you make 50k a year from is way easier than a business that you can pull 50k out of every year.

If I had 100k-200k to start a side business I'd get myself a track hoe and a skid steer.

I'm also an FFL/SOT, there ain't **** money in it. I'm just a few years older than you as well. A guy on here and other places said if you want to make a million bucks in the gun industry, start with two. I've been told to run so many times lol.
What about just a standard non gun selling no explosive having gunsmith ? Just a standalone store that does gunsmithing, engraving, etc

Well then why not make the range private? Draws in a higher class clientele, especially if you’re picky about who you allow to be a member.
It’s not very profitable, even if you’re allowing the dummies to come out. Unless you have a high turnover of wealthy people come through this town in Alabama that want the one time thrill of dumping $$$ in a matter of seconds (like Vegas) you’re not going to have much if any profit.

Those of us that have regular access to full auto guns know how hard it is to afford to feed them. I wouldn’t expect many return customers looking to throw money at you for the thrill of shooting them over and over.

Full auto guns are expensive, but buying your own is cheap compared to buying the ammo to feed one.

That doesn’t even factor in the risk vs reward of having anyone (even people you’ve “vetted”) shooting things like rockets on your property.

WTF?!?
I will never go to another indoor range if I can help it.

Back
Top Bottom