• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Starting an FFL and becoming an SOT

I am an SOT and Have dreams of opening a Suppressed only, member only range one day, but I wish someone else would steal my idea and build one 30 min or less from my house...

Also have you seen Lake Martin Machine gun, it sounds like they have a similar setup. Also the Rifle ranch is a place to shoot long range (750 yards) in the area you are talking about, but only open certain times.

Ahh yes but he was a police chief himself. Writing law letters for his own department. That dude is a dumbass.

I know a lot of people think this would do good, but most people won’t have the capital to make this work. Insurance , taxes, paying employees etc.

Invest in your current retirement instead of buying 300-600k you don’t have . That’s my .02 cents.

Good luck
You don’t know my financial situation brother, let’s stick to the topic

2-- The "letter of intent" by a L.E. agency could be a work of fiction and that could be proven using circumstantial evidence. You don't need direct evidence to convict people in court; circumstantial evidence is enough if the circumstances are such that there is no reasonable conclusion to draw but the defendant's guilt.

I don't mean The law letter would be a forgery --what I mean is that it could be written by some cooperative law-enforcement agency head to do you a favor, or maybe do himself a favor by earning the right to be a regular guest at your range and shoot those machine guns, but under the circumstances he wasn't going to buy those machine guns or any other machine guns in the foreseeable future, and he never has purchased any machine guns from you ...and yet he keeps sending you these letters of interest that you ask for....
Good info to keep in mind, thanks

You don’t know my financial situation brother, let’s stick to the topic
Acting indignant when asking for advice is always welcome around here. There are a lot of us in the SOT game and it isnt a walk in the park. The atf has no problem snatching your property of lively hood. Alot of stuff has changed in the last couple years.

Acting indignant when asking for advice is always welcome around here. There are a lot of us in the SOT game and it isnt a walk in the park. The atf has no problem snatching your property of lively hood. Alot of stuff has changed in the last couple years.
At this point, maybe we do have a little glimpse into his financial situation:

RandomUsername69 RandomUsername69 maybe you should take a step back and mull this over. Seriously. Consider it constructive criticism.
You're expecting a settlement of 500-750k and are going to need to dump that entire amount into a range? But here you've managed to lose your debit card but have a CashApp card and are asking people to fund it for gas? Even without your debit card, you can fund your own CashApp account. What this indicates to me is that you're either flatlined in your main bank account or you want to have the generous folks on ODT overfund your CashApp account.

I don't mean this facetiously. Reevaluate your priorities, my guy. An FFL/SOT license and a range should not be on your roadmap at this time.

I truly do wish you the best. I have family that have mismanaged funds and it turned out very bad for them. I hate to see it happen to anyone else so just understand this all comes from a place of hindsight and concern for your situation.

At this point, maybe we do have a little glimpse into his financial situation:

RandomUsername69 RandomUsername69 maybe you should take a step back and mull this over. Seriously. Consider it constructive criticism.
You're expecting a settlement of 500-750k and are going to need to dump that entire amount into a range? But here you've managed to lose your debit card but have a CashApp card and are asking people to fund it for gas? Even without your debit card, you can fund your own CashApp account. What this indicates to me is that you're either flatlined in your main bank account or you want to have the generous folks on ODT overfund your CashApp account.

I don't mean this facetiously. Reevaluate your priorities, my guy. An FFL/SOT license and a range should not be on your roadmap at this time.

I truly do wish you the best. I have family that have mismanaged funds and it turned out very bad for them. I hate to see it happen to anyone else so just understand this all comes from a place of hindsight and concern for your situation.
Not if the cashapp card isn’t linked to my bank account I can’t. Like I said I just happen to find the card in the dash. Didn’t even realize it was in the car as I hadn’t seen it in months. I was lucky enough to find an older genetleman, probably in his sixties that was willing to loan me a hundred dollar bill to make it there and back. “Paying it forward” he said.

I think I’ll be fine managing the funds. Not all of my money hopefully will need to be poured into the business the first year. I wouldn’t do that anyway. But nevertheless that amount is what I’m getting. And alongside a business loan that I’ll be securing with the land as collateral as well as the preexisting business(my grandfathers old auto shop that sits on the land itself, and just maybe my grandparents old house and horse stables etc) I’ll be able to pull it off…like I said before, when it’s time to make this range happen…it’s gonna freaking happen. Ain’t no one gonna tell me it’s not and they can do whatever they’d like to try and prevent it but I’m gonna make it happen. No doubt in my mind.

Although I just just love how y’all are so quick to snoop thru someone’s profile everytime. Yes I’m living off supplemental income currently. Yes my debit card is lost. Yes I never bothered to link my cashapp card to my bank account. Just used it as a standalone card for emergencies to move money between me and my gf back and forth. I can not be in a great financial situation right now and still be capable of opening that range once my money comes in.

And for those naysayers that say it won’t happen. I invite you to come a year from now down old 431 in wedowee alabama. Pay the membership fee (plus 15% cause your a lame pessimistic ****) and you’ll be able to fire off an rpg a hundred yards (or whatever the recommended distance is) into a beat to **** car and watch it explode.

Back
Top Bottom