• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Soon to be ex wife went a did it. Pics added (not those kind)

Sorry to hear all that. I'm not sure how you feel about relocating but you did mention Southern Company. Plant McIntosh just posted a Security job for one of the guys retiring in Nov. They want to get someone trained and working before he leaves. It's not a nuclear plant.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear all that. I'm not sure how you feel about relocating but you did mention Southern Company. Plant McIntosh just posted a Security job for one of the guys retiring in Nov. They want to get someone trained and working before he leaves. It's not a nuclear plant.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
You have a link?

So what happened to the job you posted about a couple of months backs? The probation officer job with DCS?
They pulled my Conditional Job Offer. I called the HR main office, could never figure out for what reason. Told my to reapply in 6 months. Pretty ****ty. Hope it wasnt for that expunged charge that shouldnt be on my record. Hell I haven't gotten a SPEEDING ticket since 2012.

Hazmat goes very far in certain departments. If you were closer to me I could help more. We have a Hazmatt team in our department, and can always use more certified guys. We will put you thru an academy to get all the training you need.
I will move. I don't care where honestly, Most of my hazmat real world is mostly Nuc/Bio. Did some live nerve agent certification as well.

See if the surrounding counties where you live are hiring EMA staff. Most counties have their own websites and list job positions. Even GEMA may be seeking your skill set, http://www.gema.ga.gov/About/Pages/Careers.aspx

Have you considered the Post Office. Vets get preference. Also, consider setting up a free Linked In account. You may also want to consider Kelly Services. They have part time jobs. My father is a PE and after retirement, he worked several years for them doing short term engineering jobs.

Took me 9 months to hire on with the state back in 1985 during the pre-internet days where every resume (printed) and letter (typed on a typewriter) had to be mailed. I applied for so many jobs besides the state but I was told to persist and that something would open that was right for me. And it did. So much so that I made a career out of it and am now retired from that position and am seeking another job.

Whatever you do don't air grievances on Facebook. Sterilize or privatize your FB pages! Many prospective employers now search social media when evaluating candidates for employment.

God speed in your job search.
Already hit up most all EMA offices. Put in my app for gwinnett about two weeks with the background packet. Haven't heard back from them yet. Dropping off my app for gwinnett county EMT/Fire tomorrow. Been watching for openings in GEMA too, nothing as of yet. Also put in for several FEMA GS9 positions. I interviewed for one 2 years ago for a GS 12 position and I was the runner up candidate. imagine that GS 12 at 25 at the time.. I would be set for life.

Hang in there all will be ok. It takes time. This month is my two year divorce anniversary. I got to keep the house but I lost my arse financially. Funny thing like @BangBang pointed out. One income and I am better off in the checkbook now. Don't look at it as starting over. Your writting a new chapter in your life.
Learning a trade is the best way to go. I do body work and have never been unemployed in 37 years.

Literally no luck and no offers. Im trying to figure out WTF im doing wrong. I dont ******* understand.

its not you man, its the job market. lots of folks have tried to come out and say "look how awesome things are now!" after trump won but the flat out truth is that the job market is just as screwed up as it has been for the past decade. unemployment numbers are significantly higher than they try to say they are. Its insanely hard to get a job still in the market. Hell i'm trying to move positions and have applied to dozens that i am perfectly qualified for and in several instances over qualified and i havent heard a peep. The only areas of the country i know that are hiring are skilled labor where the number of applicants have been dropping over the past couple years, HVAC, wielding, plumbing, ect - these are the only places really hiring out there right now but you can make a decent living off of them.

Back
Top Bottom