• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Soon to be ex wife went a did it. Pics added (not those kind)

Ive written my resume to meet federal standards.. been there done that. Job number and location in the top right corner.. you name it.

There are actually a few good videos on YOUTUBE that show you how to write a federal resume. 5 to 8 pages and like a Hiring Manager told me "If it's not in your resume then I cannot score it". You have to know how to pick out the key words and ensure they are in your resume so the system selects your resume over the rest. Then the resumes are scored by real people. Highest scores get the interview. Not just keyboarding as I have been there and done it. Hired off the street as a GS-11 and then hired again as a GS-12.
Happy to look over your resume and provide honest non snowflake feedback.

They look for buzzwords in the resume and questions.. or so my GS12 counterpart for FEMA I know said.. Thats the only interview I had and that was years ago.

The "buzzwords" are the key words and they are in the job description for the USAJOBS posted job. They are also in the questions in the link they provide in the posting.

Are you willing to relocate or do you want to remain in GA? Makes a huge difference.

The "buzzwords" are the key words and they are in the job description for the USAJOBS posted job. They are also in the questions in the link they provide in the posting.

Are you willing to relocate or do you want to remain in GA? Makes a huge difference.
Yep, always check the "willing to relocate box". Helps get you a FTF interview, and who knows, you may get an offer somewhere you will love. Get your foot in the door, can usually transfer back after awhile.

mental women.jpg

HVAC. That's what I've been doing since I got out of the Navy in 08. I didn't have a pot to piss in and the framing job I had lined up disappeared the week before I got out along with most jobs in October of 08. I thought to myself nobody is going to live without HVAC went to school and been doing it ever since. It's rough job, but once you get the skills and work hard you'll go far. I started my own company in 2013 and my last job offered me 29 per hour to stay so you can make a good living. I may know someone in Douglassville hiring so pm me if interested. Be ready to spend all day in 130° attics.

HVAC. That's what I've been doing since I got out of the Navy in 08. I didn't have a pot to piss in and the framing job I had lined up disappeared the week before I got out along with most jobs in October of 08. I thought to myself nobody is going to live without HVAC went to school and been doing it ever since. It's rough job, but once you get the skills and work hard you'll go far. I started my own company in 2013 and my last job offered me 29 per hour to stay so you can make a good living. I may know someone in Douglassville hiring so pm me if interested. Be ready to spend all day in 130° attics.

And in crawl spaces with critters and if you're lucky, flooded areas where the drain lines have been leaking forever.

But yes, I agree it can be a good-paying job!

And in crawl spaces with critters and if you're lucky, flooded areas where the drain lines have been leaking forever.

But yes, I agree it can be a good-paying job!
That's why you only do commercial and industrial HVAC, I don't have to worry about that lol

Back
Top Bottom