• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SOE customer service (or lack there of)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I said I was here to point and laugh, that's a Simpsons reference. Apparently no one got it. I meant no harm. Of the most hateful and mean things said on this thread, nothing I've said is even in the top twenty.

Now, one of you legal scholars needs to tell me exactly how I violated client confidentiality.

Wanna give a job to a 3L? Lol

From what I've read, you are in a very small minority; count yourself lucky I guess :noidea:

ETA: Shipping times aside, did you have any pleasant commentary with the owner? Honestly, customer communication and service means loads more than any shipping date.

Getting down to brass tacks, customer inquiries are not only common place, but should be anticipated (even with a "listed shipping timeline") - when the owner acts like a total ****ing asshole, everything in this thread should be anticipated.

I'm sorry, but any business owner who overlooks this most basic aspect of doing business in today's modern world is completely inept & should probably appoint someone who has two brain cells to rub together to field customer service inquiries.

I did not talk with the owner, but when ordering things online how often do you speak to the company beforehand. Personally, when I buy things online I know what I am looking for do research about the company and if I feel that I am getting a good deal I order the product. So when I've ordered from SOE I have gotten the product in less than the 6-8 weeks it takes. I've ordered from many other places online that say I will get their products in 3-5 business days and I don't get them for 7-10 business days. Even though, they say that if the item is in stock it will ship the same day the order is placed. The item usually doesn't ship for a few days.
If you contact the company they'll give you one of a boatload of excuses.

SOE on the other hand tell you on the order confirmation screen that your order can take 6-8 weeks. The order confirmation email also has the same shipping policy in it. Therefore, my guess is John Willis assumed that the OP read this policy or since the OP was on the SOE Facebook page had seen one of the several videos where John Willis states their shipping policy says "I'm tired of people complaining they haven't received their order, when the order isn't two weeks old so from now on I will just cancel and refund those orders."

So in the end John Willis maybe an asshole but he is an asshole who does what he says he will do.

Also I may a lucky customer who just happens to get his orders is well under the stated shipping time but I see many people who say the say thing on Facebook.

Last edited:
I did not talk with the owner, but when ordering things online how often do you speak to the company beforehand. Personally, when I buy things online I know what I am looking for do research about the company and if I feel that I am getting a good deal I order the product. So when I've ordered from SOE I have gotten the product in less than the 6-8 weeks it takes. I've ordered from many other places online that say I will get their products in 3-5 business days and I don't get them for 7-10 business days. Even though, they say that if the item is in stock it will ship the same day the order is placed. The item usually doesn't ship for a few days.
If you contact the company they'll give you one of a boatload of excuses.

SOE on the other hand tell you on the order confirmation screen that your order can take 6-8 weeks. The order confirmation email also has the same shipping policy in it. Therefore, my guess is John Willis assumed that the OP read this policy or since the OP was on the SOE Facebook page had seen one of the several videos where John Willis states their shipping policy says "I'm tired of people complaining they haven't received their order, when the order isn't two weeks old so from now on I will just cancel and refund those orders."

So in the end John Willis maybe an asshole but he is an asshole who does what he says he will do.

Bull****, if he was it wouldn't have taken YEARS to refund a customers order. He only made that refund after his lawyer popped off in a thread on another message board. Had his lawyer not stuck his foot in his mouth I doubt that refund would have happened.

I don't care about any of the scumbags referenced in this thread from outside ODT. What I do care about is a moderator with an agenda he seems to push defending his friends from some two bit shooting school. There is simply a pattern of it and it is not only obvious in the thread but plenty others. Now we have friends or attorneys of people that his chump has business relations ships falling in the same boat.

I don't think he would realize it if it bit him on the nose.

Bullcrap.

Nothing else to so about this cluster ****.

Well liked or not, it is a conflict of interest.

Last edited:
I don't care about any of the scumbags referenced in this thread from outside ODT. What I do care about is a moderator with an agenda he seems to push defending his friends from some two bit shooting school. There is simply a pattern of it and it is not only obvious in the thread but plenty others. Now we have friends or attorneys of people that his chump has business relations ships falling in the same boat.

I don't think he would realize it if it bit him on the nose.

Bullcrap.

Nothing else to so about this cluster ****.

Well liked or not, it is a conflict of interest.
yeah I felt the same about the mod. thing but figured if I said anything I would get in trouble and I don't like timeout lol

I didn't put my foot in my mouth. I offered to take any dispute about unfolded orders to Willis. One guy - ONE - came forward, showed me his paper trail and that guy got reimbursed. Now there are no remaining claims of unfolded orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom