• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

So will it be manslaughter for Alec Baldwin?

What were the circumstances of the crash? Speeding? Texting? Running a stop light? Those would bring charges for sure. But if you were involved in a fatal accident through no fault of your own I'm curious how they'd charge you with manslaughter.
No fault of his own? His pointy head pointed a firearm. His booger hook pulled the boom switch. He's liable for negligence.

Live round confirmed fired from prop gun.
How could that happen without the gun exploding in the shooter's hand? I could definitely be wrong but it has always been my understanding that blank firing prop guns have barrels that are almost completely blocked/ plugged. That's the only way to have enough back pressure for blanks to cycle semi or full auto actions.
But again I could easily be wrong and don't claim any first hand knowledge or experience.

9E654E24-C240-4BC1-9156-0F33A19988C4.jpeg

How could that happen without the gun exploding in the shooter's hand? I could definitely be wrong but it has always been my understanding that blank firing prop guns have barrels that are almost completely blocked/ plugged. That's the only way to have enough back pressure for blanks to cycle semi or full auto actions.
But again I could easily be wrong and don't claim any first hand knowledge or experience.
Some of them do have blocked barrels, some do not. Some are not "firearms" some are. It depends on the technical director's and film advisor's choices.

Interested to see what the facts reveal. Who made the blanks ? Who loaded the gun ? Who checked the gun ? Who handed him the gun ? ....won't change the fact that he pulled trigger and will most likely end up in treatment with a mental health professional.

Live round confirmed fired from prop gun.
Can confirm. A buddy of mine is IATSE Local 44. He got an email. The real kicker is that they weren't teching the show. This is going to get ugly.

Given that it's a western, I'm going to assume that the pistol in question was chambered in .45LC. They crimp the case halfway down so all told, it's only slightly longer than a .45 ACP. A live .45LC would have visually been much longer due to having the bullet seated in the case. But only the tech loading the weapon would have known. No way the actor pulling the trigger could have known...and he would not have been allowed to inspect the gun prior to shooting. Somebody, somewhere ooopsied really hard. Man, that sucks.

after watching Demolitions ranch video of them trying to kill a high point i wouldn't have faith in most anything actually completely blocking a barrel and stopping the round. They tried about everything and i think the only thing that held was a rod that was forced in and welded

Sometimes, the director will want a visible muzzle flash and smoke) for guns that use black powder either loose or black powder cartridges) coming out of a gun's muzzle.

Therefore the barrel could not be significantly restricted because that would cause any smoke or fire to come out of the breach end or the cylinder in cylinder gap not the muzzle where it belongs.

Back
Top Bottom