• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So who all rides motorcycles?????

After a few ruined cell phone cameras and a couple of scary events where I caught myself looking at the map I no longer mount my phone to the bike.

Instead I put the phone in my pocket and listen to gps prompts through my sena.

Same here. Phone goes in my pocket or my tank bag, and I get voice commands and stuff through the helmet's comm system.

I like handlebar mounts. Don't have to look at your phone all the time and I'm probably not pushing it too hard if I'm riding unfamiliar area and know my turn is coming up.

I like handlebar mounts. Don't have to look at your phone all the time and I'm probably not pushing it too hard if I'm riding unfamiliar area and know my turn is coming up.
Ditto, I'm infinitely more distracted by looking for wildlife.

I just got home after finishing a 1000-mile, 3-day (and 2 nights at motels) trip out of state.
Went all across Georgia, diagonally across Alabama to Mobile.
Came back via the FL panhandle for a bit, to see the ocean at Pensacola,
then turned north to Dothan, AL and onward to Plains, GA and then up to Atlanta.
I was dressed in many layers, and the only thing that got cold was my fingers, from my un-insulated goat skin gloves.

I just got home after finishing a 1000-mile, 3-day (and 2 nights at motels) trip out of state.
then turned north to Dothan, AL and onward to Plains, GA and then up to Atlanta.
I was dressed in many layers, and the only thing that got cold was my fingers, from my un-insulated goat skin gloves.
Impressive! Get yourself a set of heated grips. Oxford makes a good and affordable set. You will thank me. :-)

The Gwinnett County jail currently holds a Mexican who used to ride a motorcycle (recklessly), an unregistered motorcycle --no tag, and he was riding it without having a valid drivers license or motorcycle endorsement. No insurance either.

He was chased by a state trooper who died in a crash trying to catch this guy later he was identified and caught and now he's charged with vehicular homicide among numerous other traffic violations and license and registration violations.

But his bail is only $7000 so if somebody in his family can come up with $800 bucks for a bail bond service, they'll let him out and he can flee the country or find a fellow Mexican with a printing press and get a new fake ID and a new name.

The Gwinnett County jail currently holds a Mexican who used to ride a motorcycle (recklessly), an unregistered motorcycle --no tag, and he was riding it without having a valid drivers license or motorcycle endorsement. No insurance either.

He was chased by a state trooper who died in a crash trying to catch this guy later he was identified and caught and now he's charged with vehicular homicide among numerous other traffic violations and license and registration violations.

But his bail is only $7000 so if somebody in his family can come up with $800 bucks for a bail bond service, they'll let him out and he can flee the country or find a fellow Mexican with a printing press and get a new fake ID and a new name.

Thanks be to joe biden. Why are we still having high speed pursuits for such low-level traffic infractions? Makes no sense.

Heated grips are a God send. I have them on my FJR.

My latest steed.

Attachments

• camphoto_838545539.jpg
    camphoto_838545539.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 7
This is my most recent sofa glide. Paint was done by Dennis Mathewson in Honolulu. The bike was originally built for the owner of one of the Harley dealerships on Oahu. Crazy part of all this is my wife and I lived around the corner from the artist’s studio. Somehow this managed to find me all the way in Georgia. A few of you have seen it in person on a trade deal and a meet and greet.

IMG_6411.jpeg
IMG_6412.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom