• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So who all rides motorcycles?????

Today I'm at "The King of Camo" gun shop in Cumming on Highway 306 right next to Georgia 400 Exit 17.

We are about to go on a group MC ride for a children's charity up towards Ellijay.
The turn-around point will be a winery up there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 10
Finally got out for a ride to break in the new tires. Did about 150 miles in the hill country. Absolutely perfect day, well except for the idiot in the pickup truck that blew by us doing triple digits and one of the 55 gallon drums that of course was unsecured in his bed came flying out right as he was passing me. Thank God the drum stayed in the opposite lane because my brother was on his bike behind me. Idiot could have killed us both. I had to have several deep breaths to make myself not stop and have a "chat" with him.
Still a great day.

Finally got out for a ride to break in the new tires. Did about 150 miles in the hill country. Absolutely perfect day, well except for the idiot in the pickup truck that blew by us doing triple digits and one of the 55 gallon drums that of course was unsecured in his bed came flying right as he was passing me. Thank God the drum stayed in the opposite lane because my brother was on his bike behind me. Idiot could have killed us both. I had to have several deep breaths to make myself not stop and have a "chat" with him.
Still a great day.
At least modern tires don't need much in the way of break in. Basically turn left, then turn right. They stopped using release agents in the molding process like 20 years ago, so put 5 miles on them, and they are ready for dodging 55 gallon drums... We regularly put a new set on at a track day... Do a warm up lap and then go...

My youngest son recently traded his 2017 Fatboy in on a 2023 Ultra Limited. Man, this bike is sweet!

the Fatboy…and yeah, he‘s always been a little on the crazy side but that’s kind of to be expected when your dad is me. That‘s his famous supermodel pose. 😂😂😂

IMG_2957.jpeg

the Ultra Limited….

IMG_2954.jpeg

IMG_2955.jpeg

IMG_2956.jpeg

IMG_2953.jpeg

IMG_3094.jpeg

IMG_3093.jpeg

At least modern tires don't need much in the way of break in. Basically turn left, then turn right. They stopped using release agents in the molding process like 20 years ago, so put 5 miles on them, and they are ready for dodging 55 gallon drums... We regularly put a new set on at a track day... Do a warm up lap and then go...
Not "dodging" anything on this bike unfortunately. Handles like a cruise ship, especially at speed. Barrel landed about 10 feet from me. Fun times.

CFCA3A21-8915-4F8A-B5E8-6046C08F1799.jpeg
F3BEB7DB-0D76-4D36-B66A-EF9F629ECD84.jpeg
1BC37BB4-A35D-47F0-A877-D4806C863B65.jpeg

Last month: Got saddlebags w/ support bars under them.

Last month: Installed twin USB port to charge my phone. (But I did not locate it in a good place; when I put my right leg down to balance the bike at stops,

my leg presses up against the USB port which would be a problem any time a device is plugged in there with a cord.)

This month: Put windscreen on late last night. This is a National Cycle brand "Street Shield." ($150 thru Amazon).

Back
Top Bottom