• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So who all rides motorcycles?????

View attachment 6404483

Got the 27 year old Honda Shadow 1100
up to 90 mph at a couple of short stretches of interstate highway today-- just to see how long it would take to go from 70 up to 90. It didn't take long, even going up a hill!

I did not want to exceed 90 due to both legal concerns and how fast I was catching up with the vehicles ahead of me.

I have no clue what the actual maximum speed this vehicle is capable of, and I don't think I'll ever know.

Other users report 120 MPH without any performance-enhancing mods, but I'll just have to take their word for it

Doctored pic is just for illustrative purposes only.
Should be able to look it up on the net

View attachment 6404483

Got the 27 year old Honda Shadow 1100
up to 90 mph at a couple of short stretches of interstate highway today-- just to see how long it would take to go from 70 up to 90. It didn't take long, even going up a hill!

I did not want to exceed 90 due to both legal concerns and how fast I was catching up with the vehicles ahead of me.

I have no clue what the actual maximum speed this vehicle is capable of, and I don't think I'll ever know.

Other users report 120 MPH without any performance-enhancing mods, but I'll just have to take their word for it

Doctored pic is just for illustrative purposes only.
Was that on speedo or gps? I only ask because speedomete’s are commonly inaccurate on bikes. Did it feel stable?

Was that on speedo or gps? I only ask because speedomete’s are commonly inaccurate on bikes. Did it feel stable?
Yes, stable, but with vibration, always noticeable and proportional to speed. I might need the spoked wheels trued or rebalanced.

It was the cable-driven analog speedo where I got the number. I don't have a phone app to tell instant speed, nor can I look at the phone while riding.

I'll be riding around Marietta with another new motorcycle owner from my church, right after church on Sunday.
We'll probably head out of Downtown Marietta and do a loop around Kennesaw Mountain Nat'l Park,
then head up Due West Rd. to some park on the shores of Lake Altoona, go into an industrial park off old Hwy 41 or Hwy 293 and do some practice with U-turns and tight 90-degree slow speed turns in the empty industrial park roads and businesses' driveways. Maybe come back on Hwy 41 to get him some practice dealing with heavy traffic and putting up with shifting only through the first 3 gears before coming to a stop at the next traffic light.

Today I did 50 miles of riding, and twice I passed by (2 different) fixed radar speed-warning signs that show you your speed as you approach them. One said I was going 2 mph slower than my speedometer indicated,
and anohter one (on a bigger, faster road) said 4 MPH slower than what my bike showed.
So, yeah, my indicated "90" might have only been 83 or so.

Today I did 50 miles of riding, and twice I passed by (2 different) fixed radar speed-warning signs that show you your speed as you approach them. One said I was going 2 mph slower than my speedometer indicated,
and anohter one (on a bigger, faster road) said 4 MPH slower than what my bike showed.
So, yeah, my indicated "90" might have only been 83 or so.
I’ve heard many give anecdotes that the Speedo on bikes are commonly inaccurate. even upwards of 10-15%. That’s a big claim when talking about the entire range brands, modes, and class.

My 2022 Street Glide Special

1699229753653.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom