• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So who all rides motorcycles?????

View attachment 6546704View attachment 6546706View attachment 6546707

Last month: Got saddlebags w/ support bars under them.

Last month: Installed twin USB port to charge my phone. (But I did not locate it in a good place; when I put my right leg down to balance the bike at stops,

my leg presses up against the USB port which would be a problem any time a device is plugged in there with a cord.)

This month: Put windscreen on late last night. This is a National Cycle brand "Street Shield." ($150 thru Amazon).
Why is the USB not on the handlebars or triple tree?

I wanted it centrally located,
so I could run the cord up to the phone mounted on the handlebars
.... or ....

back to where the phone would be resting inside of a saddlebag.

Here's the last Harley I owned. It's a 2004 Road King Custom (FLHRS) if I remember correctly. I loved that bike and still miss it today. It just got too dangerous for me to continue to ride on the road as much as I did. I now have a Honda XR650L and a Honda CRF300L.
20230613_154319 - Copy.jpg
20160622_200957.jpg

I will get a handlebar mount for it soon.
I wanted to put my windshield on first, which I have just done. That required some free space on the handlebars for the top two brackets. The bottom two brackets attached to the forks.

The central location of the USB charging port means that with a standard 4 foot cable I can either put the phone up on the handlebars or I can put it in my right saddle bag and let it charge in there.

I generally don't want GPS directions;
I don't want a moving, bright, colorful animated screen on my motorcycle. But when I'm in the mood to check my progress then I might want to look at the phone while I'm sitting at a red light or if I pull over into a parking lot.

You don't want your phone handlebar mounted for the GPS?

After a few ruined cell phone cameras and a couple of scary events where I caught myself looking at the map I no longer mount my phone to the bike.

Instead I put the phone in my pocket and listen to gps prompts through my sena.

After a few ruined cell phone cameras and a couple of scary events where I caught myself looking at the map I no longer mount my phone to the bike.

Instead I put the phone in my pocket and listen to gps prompts through my sena.
Hey whatever works for the individual. I've fortunately never damaged a phone and I like knowing what's coming up (including spontaneous route changes). The days of tank bag maps are thankfully distant memory!

Back
Top Bottom