• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So who all rides motorcycles?????

This is my most recent sofa glide. Paint was done by Dennis Mathewson in Honolulu. The bike was originally built for the owner of one of the Harley dealerships on Oahu. Crazy part of all this is my wife and I lived around the corner from the artist’s studio. Somehow this managed to find me all the way in Georgia. A few of you have seen it in person on a trade deal and a meet and greet.

View attachment 6829779View attachment 6829780
Nice bike

Nice bike
Thanks! gober13 gober13 has my bike previous to this one. Lots of good stuff on that bike.
IMG_6099_Original.jpeg

What gets me is how in the world did that Hawaiian bike wind up here
I’m still curious about that as well. However, when we lived on the island, I had a bike that I rode all over the islands. Shipped it to the other islands to ride with a group and when we decided to move back to the mainland, I had it shipped to one of the ports near Southern California and rode it back to Utah....in the middle of June.....through Death Valley. That was definitely a trip.

I’m still curious about that as well. However, when we lived on the island, I had a bike that I rode all over the islands. Shipped it to the other islands to ride with a group and when we decided to move back to the mainland, I had it shipped to one of the ports near Southern California and rode it back to Utah....in the middle of June.....through Death Valley. That was definitely a trip.
Yea, Death Valley ain't no joke. Guess you could've road across at night. Ain't no way I'd do that during the day......during the summer

Yea, Death Valley ain't no joke. Guess you could've road across at night. Ain't no way I'd do that during the day......during the summer
Luckily it was morning. But still approaching 115 degrees. I rode with one of those CamelBak things and was covered so I was as hydrated as I could be.

And this FXR that I ended up selling to someone in Sturgis that now has it hanging over his bar near the Buffalo Chip. It only had 6k miles on it.

This Harley's now hanging in the air above a bar, dripping engine oil on all the patrons and making slippery spots on the floor ??? ;):lemo:

This Harley's now hanging in the air above a bar, dripping engine oil on all the patrons and making slippery spots on the floor ??? ;):lemo:
No sir. Not a drop anywhere ever with this bike. 6k miles and I bought it from the original owner that took it in to Harley every year just for routine maintenance and inspection. Wasn't needed with as little as he rode it but it left my possession with a stack of documented maintenance from 1992 until present.

The leaking Harley narrative is tired anyway. They haven't been leakers since the AMF shovelhead era. The only time an Evo motor would "leak" is if it sat for a long time and the oil pump check valve stuck.

I don't mess with foreign bikes at all. They are too complicated to work on and parts change every year. With Harley and Indian I can source parts from many years for one bike if needed.

Back
Top Bottom