Smoothie basics

I've read protein triggers your system to register "full" and not be hungry. Not sure if that's the reason for the protein powder or not.

When I used to make smoothies, I'd just use fruit and ice. Sometimes I'd add a splash of milk to smooth out the texture. No real recipe for it other than: grab a bunch of different fruits, throw them in the blender, add some ice, splash some milk, blend.

I have a smoothie for breakfast every day. I use a Nutribullet as my blender. I start off with half of the nutribuller cup of mixed frozen fruit from Kroger, peaches, mango, pineapple, strawberries and grapes. Cover that with 2% milk. Add one of the single serving Chobani yogurts. I rotate flavors for a little variety. Put in a handful of fresh blueberries. Top that with a table spoon each of ground flax seed and hemp hearts. Slice up a whole banana and top that with raw honey. Mix it in the Nutribullet. I never get tired of them.

Monday I had an appointment so I ran in smoothie king to get lunch. I asked them to add spinach so I could attempt drinking something green. I liked it. The past few days I’ve gotten up and had a smoothie. I’ve started with a handful of spinach, cover in milk and blend. I then add a frozen banana an apple and a handful strawberries and a squirt of honey. I’ve enjoyed them. The color doesn’t bother me as much as I was afraid it would.

Monday I had an appointment so I ran in smoothie king to get lunch. I asked them to add spinach so I could attempt drinking something green. I liked it. The past few days I’ve gotten up and had a smoothie. I’ve started with a handful of spinach, cover in milk and blend. I then add a frozen banana an apple and a handful strawberries and a squirt of honey. I’ve enjoyed them. The color doesn’t bother me as much as I was afraid it would.
My daughter worked at a Smoothie King in Columbus years ago, she always fixed me the high protein one, not bad. Sure fills you up. Spinach ? No no.

Man; I'm not sure of the specific blend you got but most smoothie Kings are laden with sugar, like most food. Might as well enjoy a good milkshake.

Also you should try different recipes. Yogurt is a good base along with orange juice/apple juice for various smoothies (granted both juices have sugar as well).

Back
Top Bottom