• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smoothie basics

I've read protein triggers your system to register "full" and not be hungry. Not sure if that's the reason for the protein powder or not.

When I used to make smoothies, I'd just use fruit and ice. Sometimes I'd add a splash of milk to smooth out the texture. No real recipe for it other than: grab a bunch of different fruits, throw them in the blender, add some ice, splash some milk, blend.

I have a smoothie for breakfast every day. I use a Nutribullet as my blender. I start off with half of the nutribuller cup of mixed frozen fruit from Kroger, peaches, mango, pineapple, strawberries and grapes. Cover that with 2% milk. Add one of the single serving Chobani yogurts. I rotate flavors for a little variety. Put in a handful of fresh blueberries. Top that with a table spoon each of ground flax seed and hemp hearts. Slice up a whole banana and top that with raw honey. Mix it in the Nutribullet. I never get tired of them.

Monday I had an appointment so I ran in smoothie king to get lunch. I asked them to add spinach so I could attempt drinking something green. I liked it. The past few days I’ve gotten up and had a smoothie. I’ve started with a handful of spinach, cover in milk and blend. I then add a frozen banana an apple and a handful strawberries and a squirt of honey. I’ve enjoyed them. The color doesn’t bother me as much as I was afraid it would.

Monday I had an appointment so I ran in smoothie king to get lunch. I asked them to add spinach so I could attempt drinking something green. I liked it. The past few days I’ve gotten up and had a smoothie. I’ve started with a handful of spinach, cover in milk and blend. I then add a frozen banana an apple and a handful strawberries and a squirt of honey. I’ve enjoyed them. The color doesn’t bother me as much as I was afraid it would.
My daughter worked at a Smoothie King in Columbus years ago, she always fixed me the high protein one, not bad. Sure fills you up. Spinach ? No no.

Man; I'm not sure of the specific blend you got but most smoothie Kings are laden with sugar, like most food. Might as well enjoy a good milkshake.

Also you should try different recipes. Yogurt is a good base along with orange juice/apple juice for various smoothies (granted both juices have sugar as well).

Back
Top Bottom