• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smoothie basics

The concern about sugar intake is valid. You can ditch the honey and swap out the cows milk for unsweetened almond milk. But like you said, incremental improvements. No need to over complicate it. If someone is so messed up that they can't handle a small amount of fruit a day, you're either diabetic and/or need to go see a doctor.

well here is the funny thing,
i just posted up a bit of a warning, post #31, nothing mean, nothing directed at anybody.
but my warning is pretty solid and can be backed up as not opinion. nothing
but a helpful reminder was all.
then in opst #37 someone swings in here with a burst of statements with all kinds of numbers,
and misinformation like an expert (the very same that im accused of in post #40 when i wasnt the one
offering any numbers of "facts" in my post at all, just a helpful reminder was all)
then came the reply "im this" and "im that" in post 37 lol. as if my message was directed at you personally.
i wasnt. but my post #38 got under your skin because it was actually fact based, and anybody can look up what i
stated for themselves. i guess i shouldnt have shown your theory to be wrong in front of everybody or showed that
they too can go look up what im saying and to keep an eye on what is popular thought and not actually true in terms
of healthy.
then your butt hurt continues in post #40 with once again smartass replies. i would expect someone "at your age"
wouldnt get butt hurt over a smoothie thread reply thats actually looking out for everybody involved or reading
with something postivive for them as a whole to consider".
but at the end of your post #40 you again show butt hurt when it wasnt needed. you act as if you were personally
addressed by my original post and you werent.

"Seriously, this place has an expert for anything, even smoothies it seems." which is how you finished your reply.
looks to me you were the one coming in as "the expert" and posting up you numbers and the likes lol.
the proof is in the posts, there for all to read. it must be embarrassing to have your numbers as if they were facts
get all blown to hell with fact checkable corrections, something folks can go see for themselves. lol.
but the web is full of your type. people getting butt hurt and chest all out because actual facts get presented
that go against their grain. its ok i get it. i hate being wrong too sometimes, especially when its in front of so many people.
but at my age it doesnt happen to often as i know to speakk less and listen more. i know to check my facts before
i speak and come across as the know it all lol. i also know that when somebody is trying to give helpful advice to not take it personally especially when i wasnt addressed personally, and to go do some research on what they are saying as it might
be helpful to me or SOMEBODY else that might be reading. i also might inquire as to what experience they have on the subject that they are speaking about, before i open my mouth and look like an idiot by replying and showing im butt hurt.

anyways, guys, do look up the info on smoothies and fruits and how fast the sugars hit your bloodstream so you dont have that up and down rollercoaster effect with insulin. sugar related deaths are some of the highest and only getting higher.
thing of it is, the effects of sugar creep on you slow and can do so over yrs before you realize the effects. diabetics
can be diabetic 15 yrs or more before the first symptom even shows up. but diabetes is only one of many risks of high sugar intake.

im unsubscribing to this thread since the butt hurt is high in here for somebody. you will know who by their reply to my post here lol. or maybe not. maybe they will take my openly given undirected advice (from experience) and go do some research for themselves on what ive said here, but probably not. in doing so that would be self admitting they could on this rare ocassion be wrong and actually learn something from somebody with experience on the matter lol. but what will happen
is the butt hurt will deepen and they will have to reply because they themselves were actually doing what they projected on me and got called on it, oh and got his feelings hurt with a fact checkable reply with info others can actually learn from and research themselves. have a blessed evening gents. oh and look up wheatgrass. its hard to do at first but within a week you will feel a difference as long as you have bought quality stuff. powder seems to work best. or even this stuff,

oh and those leg cramps youve been suffering from for yrs, its not from dehydration, age, or lack of exercise, or to much
exercise, its a mineral deficiency.
try magnesium, zinc, and potassium. its hardly ever just one but all 3.
later guys.

well here is the funny thing,
i just posted up a bit of a warning, post #31, nothing mean, nothing directed at anybody.
but my warning is pretty solid and can be backed up as not opinion. nothing
but a helpful reminder was all.
then in opst #37 someone swings in here with a burst of statements with all kinds of numbers,
and misinformation like an expert (the very same that im accused of in post #40 when i wasnt the one
offering any numbers of "facts" in my post at all, just a helpful reminder was all)
then came the reply "im this" and "im that" in post 37 lol. as if my message was directed at you personally.
i wasnt. but my post #38 got under your skin because it was actually fact based, and anybody can look up what i
stated for themselves. i guess i shouldnt have shown your theory to be wrong in front of everybody or showed that
they too can go look up what im saying and to keep an eye on what is popular thought and not actually true in terms
of healthy.
then your butt hurt continues in post #40 with once again smartass replies. i would expect someone "at your age"
wouldnt get butt hurt over a smoothie thread reply thats actually looking out for everybody involved or reading
with something postivive for them as a whole to consider".
but at the end of your post #40 you again show butt hurt when it wasnt needed. you act as if you were personally
addressed by my original post and you werent.

"Seriously, this place has an expert for anything, even smoothies it seems." which is how you finished your reply.
looks to me you were the one coming in as "the expert" and posting up you numbers and the likes lol.
the proof is in the posts, there for all to read. it must be embarrassing to have your numbers as if they were facts
get all blown to hell with fact checkable corrections, something folks can go see for themselves. lol.
but the web is full of your type. people getting butt hurt and chest all out because actual facts get presented
that go against their grain. its ok i get it. i hate being wrong too sometimes, especially when its in front of so many people.
but at my age it doesnt happen to often as i know to speakk less and listen more. i know to check my facts before
i speak and come across as the know it all lol. i also know that when somebody is trying to give helpful advice to not take it personally especially when i wasnt addressed personally, and to go do some research on what they are saying as it might
be helpful to me or SOMEBODY else that might be reading. i also might inquire as to what experience they have on the subject that they are speaking about, before i open my mouth and look like an idiot by replying and showing im butt hurt.

anyways, guys, do look up the info on smoothies and fruits and how fast the sugars hit your bloodstream so you dont have that up and down rollercoaster effect with insulin. sugar related deaths are some of the highest and only getting higher.
thing of it is, the effects of sugar creep on you slow and can do so over yrs before you realize the effects. diabetics
can be diabetic 15 yrs or more before the first symptom even shows up. but diabetes is only one of many risks of high sugar intake.

im unsubscribing to this thread since the butt hurt is high in here for somebody. you will know who by their reply to my post here lol. or maybe not. maybe they will take my openly given undirected advice (from experience) and go do some research for themselves on what ive said here, but probably not. in doing so that would be self admitting they could on this rare ocassion be wrong and actually learn something from somebody with experience on the matter lol. but what will happen
is the butt hurt will deepen and they will have to reply because they themselves were actually doing what they projected on me and got called on it, oh and got his feelings hurt with a fact checkable reply with info others can actually learn from and research themselves. have a blessed evening gents. oh and look up wheatgrass. its hard to do at first but within a week you will feel a difference as long as you have bought quality stuff. powder seems to work best. or even this stuff,

oh and those leg cramps youve been suffering from for yrs, its not from dehydration, age, or lack of exercise, or to much
exercise, its a mineral deficiency.
try magnesium, zinc, and potassium. its hardly ever just one but all 3.
later guys.
...bro...

blend.gif

CAMSDADDY CAMSDADDY what kind of blender/mixer do you have?

I have a Nutrabullet and it’s the higher power version. I have been blending up smoothies for a while now and the ONLY negative I’ve found to watch out for is left over smoothie mix.. make sure you rinse out your container when you finish lol.

I keep these in the freezer to have on hand-

Spinach
Kale
Blueberries
Strawberries
Bananas
Pineapple
Mixed berries
Cherries (pitted but you still need to be careful and check)

I’m not a big fan of milk based products and usually use filtered water from my fridge. Most of the time I skip adding ice because of the frozen banana or berries I choose.

I found myself using less sweet items over time and now enjoy a heavier green smoothie with less fruit. I do like to blend up a single banana and hand full of strawberries with just water.

The type of blender actually does make a difference to the finished product too.

Vitamix

Couldn't in my life imagine I would ever spend this much money on a blender.

Vitamix+%C2%AE+Explorian%E2%84%A2+Series+E310+Blender.jpg

On the weekends I use it to grind tree stumps...

Back
Top Bottom