• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

slow cooker recipes

I make chili, beef stew vegetable soup.
Use a lean beef roast with chopped onions and beef broth. Get hoagie rolls and provolone cheese. Shred the beef, put in rolls with the cheese and use the broth as au jus for awesome french dip sandwiches.

I like to cook, don't mean to take over your thread!

I make chili, beef stew vegetable soup.
Use a lean beef roast with chopped onions and beef broth. Get hoagie rolls and provolone cheese. Shred the beef, put in rolls with the cheese and use the broth as au jus for awesome french dip sandwiches.

I like to cook, don't mean to take over your thread!
you are not taking it over, merely adding to my growing list of things to try

thank you sir

A crock pot is the only way I can create edible food. My go to is split pea soup, chili and roast with taters, carrots, and onions (been a while since I've done the roast). Its the sole reason I've survived to this day as a bachelor.

Did a pot roast in mine yesterday. Chicken w/ the salsa or green chillies is great, leftovers can be frozen and saved for many things.

You can do a boston butt also. I use a dry rub and put a little apple cider vinegar with a little liquid smoke in the bottom. Cook the butt on top of some onions.

Taco soup.
1 envelope taco seasoning or two if you are frisky
1 envelope ranch dressing mix or two
1 can navy beans
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can fiesta corn
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 pound of browned hamburger or turkey burger
You can play around with this and it is excellent no matter. I also just dump the full can water and all into the slow cooker and let it cook all day. I just put stuff into it till the cooker is 3/4 full. hahaha I have not went by the actual recipe in years.

Back
Top Bottom