• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

slow cooker recipes

How hot does yours get? I probed mine the other day running it on high and it was only at 170-175 degrees. How long do you cook the peanuts?
not sure on temp. I just rinse them then add however much salt I feel like at that time and let them boil till 95% of them are sunk. Which ends up being around 4-5 hours.

My family's favorite is brisket done in the slow cooker. I think they may call it a "corned beef" something or other at Kroger. Anyway, I usually have to slice the brisket into about 4" wide pieces to get it in there and then add quartered red potatoes, those small carrots in the bag that my son will eat, onions, mushrooms, garlic, and a little celery. Meat in the bottom, vegetables on top, and add just enough beef broth or water to cover about 1/2 the veggies. Cook on low for 8 hours.

Corned beef & cabbage..... yum. I like my cabbage crispy to I use two small heads. Season a brisket, add quartered cabbage , cover with beef stock & cook for about 4 hours. Stab the brisket with a fork & twist, if the meat starts to shred I add the second quartered cabbage along with red skin taters.... Cook until the taters are done. Serve with some Guinness stout.

Back
Top Bottom