• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SHTF Knife

Here is what I call the kitchen farm knife, it is half size. Same blade design but smaller and more user friendly. Blade is damascus and handles are of moose horn. house knife 001.jpg

For me it's a Glock fm 78. It's very durable and inexpensive. I don't know about you guys but I don't mind abusing a $30 knife. And a Glock knife can the abuse.. It's a fight knife, it's a throwing knife, and a utility knife. [video=youtube_share;0PltVIwdKPY]http://youtu.be/0PltVIwdKPY[/video]

Here's mine

I was thoroughly impressed with the "cane knife" during the last survival weekend.
....it is the camo-painted bushwhacker on the right.

this old school tool is better than any machete, parang or hatchet and weighs less.

I saw Cold Steel's version ( $14.95) but it has a short curved slick plastic handle.... felt like it would be dangerously slippery.
I'm looking for one with a wooden handle.

I have several, but I have been wanting a Glock Field Knife for a while. I got money sitting in my Paypal account, so off to Ebay I go...

Cold Steel Bowie bushman. Can be used as a spear and has a hollow handle for storage.

I have one of those too. And yep makes a helluva spear. But not so great as a knife/tool. All metal, no comfort when chopping, slippery in the hand. WOrth having for sure but if I'm only taking ONE knife I'd have to look again at the Glock. Heck I own one but I need to get it out and look at it some more any way. I may need two or three of them. ;)

Back
Top Bottom