• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SHTF Knife

I got one of the Glock 78s and I have every confidence in it, but it just lacks heft. The blade is so shallow(?) from edge to spine. I just prefer something taller. I have one of the Cold Steel G. I. Tanto's on each of the army pistol belts I keep in my vehicles and another with my BoB.

Entered in:
Item Number:
Owner ID:

Category:
Maker:
Model:
Sub-Model:
Blade Finish:
Blade Material:
Bolsters:
Liners/Frame:
Scales/Inlays:
Lock-Type:
Blade Length:
Blade Thickness:
Overall Length:
Weight (oz):
Clip:
Sheath:
Container:
Manufacture Date:
10-20-2010
(3) Vege-Taco

Fixed
Himalayan Imports
Farm Knife
N/A
N/A
Spring Steel
N/A
N/A
Horn
N/A
N/A
No
Yes
N/A
N/A
Public Notes:

16.5 inch 26 ounce HI Villager Farm Knife by Tirtha Kami. Horn handle. Usual great work by Tirtha.

Overall Length: 16.5
Weight: 26 oz
Blade Thickness: 3/8

This what I have for a SHTF knife. Cost me 125 to have it made, it is made out of a an old leaf spring and holds an edge that is scaple sharp. is shaped so you can gut and cape your kill as well as dismember it. then cut it up using it like a high dollar chiefs knife. the turn around cut down a tree or cut up kindling. If youget a chance to handle one of these and have one made DO IT YOU WILL NOT REGRET I!

I daily carry a Rock Moser california legal automatic (smith and wesson police issue) knife. Heck this thing cost more than my farm knife 200+!
Vege-Taco125076.jpg

Last edited:
Pirate you are the winner, $200 if you can find em and check out this quick video. Make sure you speakers are on
[video=youtube_share;LTqri_aSKAU]http://youtu.be/LTqri_aSKAU[/video]

I picked this knife up in a local gun shop in N.J. about 25 years ago. Pockets in the sheath carry a sharpening stone and wire saw. Has no markings on the knife anywhere, but flap on top pocket say's "Imperial", I guess that means it's a Schrade? It will still get the job done, and it took me 2 months to save up the $40.00 it cost back then.

i663.photobucket.com_albums_uu359_pogmothoinkm_gun_20stuff_202_101_3123.jpg
I got the exact same knife as a kid in a Bass Pro in Missouri. They also came with a magnesium fire starter. Be careful the steel is damned brittle, and yes it's a Schrade.

actually mine is a little different. still the same design. I too could not find any for sale. So i got with House Norris (GRITS KNIVES MACON) a local knife maker (WONDERFUL GREAT HIGH QUALITY) and carving enthusiast ( FANTASTIC OUT OF THIS WORLD) and asked her to make me not one but 2. I received the first one which is a standard 16" with white oak handles. The second one she is doing is a half size for use in the kitchen and is being made out of Damascus steel.

Here are pictures of the one I had made. Like I said it a little bit different but still the same basic design the tip is angled back a little more which makes it better for skinning and gutting and the blade is a little has little more curve which gives distinct areas of use starting at the tip and working back the tip 0-3" back, the body 3"-5" chopping this the sweet spot when it is swung as an ax and because of the weight and design very little effort on my part is doubled at the knife, and the base 5"-to handle this area can be used as a chief knife for fine chopping carving and shaving. the sheath design is made like a tactical pistol holster hangs from the belt and straps around the thigh and you pull forward with the knife to remove it. The sheath is made from kydex so it will last as long as the knife.
Truthfully I like the design of mine a little more and being 100% hand made no two will ever be alike. That is why mine is a little different little longer, little heavier, little more curve and the tip cut back a little more. Contact House (grits knives) and tell her, her Eric/pirate-bob said to contact her about the farm knife and look at her carvings she has some kick ass pirate booty carving skull bracelets, skeletons wrapped around sharks teeth necklaces, knife handles, cane handles. Anything she does is worth the money spent!!!!!
View attachment 203314View attachment 203315View attachment 203316

Pirate, That is awesome! Love it! I found this one on swordsswords.com it was as close as I could get. It was only $26 and has no where near the level of bad ass that she made for you but its a beast

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom