• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SHTF firearms. Have you thought it out?

I'm sorry if I have offended you sir, I was not trying to start an argument with anyone, I was answering a question, (Shtf firearms have you thought it out) It is not up to me to decide if you are capable of hitting a target with a 22lr, I am just stating what I am capable of doing ,and You do not know me so You do not know what I'm capable of.... I don't have a problem with you using whatever you want, But I choose a 22 because the bullets are light and I am a fairly good shot...I have other caliber's just wouldn't want to weight myself down, My bow and my sling shot I can tie to my pack...
When TSHTF You wont have time to get you're whole gun collection together.....So what I'm trying to say is ,As far as I know this forum is to try to help each other by sharing information, not to try to make fun of people and tear them down, If it is , Then i am in the wrong place and I need to leave....
Have a good day...

i was neither making fun or tearing you down sir. If you skin is that thin, a forum may not be the best place the hang out. I was only commenting on the many things that are near impossible to kill with one shot from a .22lr. I was neither commenting on your skill or abilities, only on the caliber. And thanks for the good day wish. You have a good one yourself. Peace.

shout out to dial 1911, very good choices, also multi caliber chamber inserts for a nagant or a 308. also check out this place :

http://www.mcace.com/adapters.htm

- - - Updated - - -

shout out to dial 1911, very good choices, also multi caliber chamber inserts for a nagant or a 308. also check out this place :

http://www.mcace.com/adapters.htm

I've strategized on W.R.O.L./military-tactical firearms by using
modern warships for an analogy/comparison.

For example:

The AR-15 semi-automatic 5.56/ .223 rifle = Burke-class DDG Destroyer
Light-weight (in avrage patrolman/infantry carbine, midlength and raifle configurations),
Easy to rapidly point-aim-and-shoot, highly-modular design & manufacture,
accepts various calibers with add-on parts, r
eadily-available spare components and accessories and lethal-ranges of 500-700 yards
on average, best-suited for close-rage engagements.

The M1A/M14 semi-automatic 7.62x51/ .308 rifle = Iowa-class BB Battleship
Heavier standard caliber, more mass, relatively-more difficult to maneuver, Lethal range to
800 - 1100 yards, ideal for long-range engagements.

Using this analogy of infantry firearms-to-warships,

I elected to use a .30-caliber rifle for homestead/
community defensive measures as a sort of "battleship"
to deliver longer-range shots with higher-probabilities
of incapacitation [Not kill shots] over a "Destroyer"
rifle.

me ar in 5.56 with 22 lr kit 9mm
wife ak 9mm
daughter 12g 9mm
may be adding a ar7 as well

shtf
our troops 556/9mm/12g
there troops 762x39/9mm/12g
cops 9mm/45/357/12g
and i can carry a butt load of 22lr

Last edited:
I grew up in a farming family that butchered its own beef and hogs occasionally. The always used a 22 to kill the livestock and I never saw it take more than one shot.

It takes a well placed shot for sure, but you can kill some pretty big critters with a 22 if you can hit the right spot.

Havent found too many things that you couldn't kill with one shot from a .22lr? Are you serious? Ferrel hogs, whitetail deer, elk, moose, cattle, bear, not to mention the difficulty shooting quail, grouse or turkey with a .22. (Just to name a few).

in shtf theres a chance there won't be working refrigerators or deep freezers to store a whole deer, so small game would prob be preferred by me at least and .22lr can kill lots of squirrels. and you might have to move around so you gonna haul around as much meat as a deer provides

Back
Top Bottom