• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SHTF firearms. Have you thought it out?

.22lr
9mm
Stored in three seperate places. I doubt that I will stay at home, it would be easy to burn the house down with my family inside so I have a private bug out location within a 2 hour walk.

I kinda like a .22mag or .17hmr. 22mag is ballistically between a 22lr and a 223. Way less range but You can carry 10x the ammo and in the woods of Ga it can be thick as any hunter knows. It will provide food and...
if you kill an aggressor his buddies want revenge, if he bleeding out from a ballistic tip varmint round in his pelvic area they want cover. It's a tactic snipers use since they will want to help their friend they may give u a "target rich environment" mercy is for the people who don't threaten your family

of corse that assumes you can only carry 1 long gun, a second bolt action long range and pistol wouldn't hurt, in calibers that ammo could b bartered with/for.

Last edited:
We have a 5.45 polish tantal, scoped 10/22 that can put a squirrels eye out at 100+ yards, Winchester 22, Winchester 30-30, Mossberg 12ga, Mossberg 20ga, wasr 1, rra ar, 410/22 o/u, Swedish 7.5, scoped savage 308, savage 22, 2 ruger 9s, glock 17, 45 colt revolver, 357 revolver, 22 revolver, 380 smith, walther p22, taurus 45, 38spl snubbie, and a 22 short snubbie. Have at least 1000 rounds of each caliber, a 1/2 acre garden, a creek and natural well, 15 acres of woods with plenty of wildlife, and neighbors have plenty of cows, pigs, goats, chickens, and horses. Not to mention all the food we have stockpiled. We all shoot biweekly and have done so for years. Half of us are either police or military (including one SF) trained, and have tought those skills to the others. We also train in unconventional tactics, such as those used by the viet cong. We are all experienced in farming and hunting/gathering, as well as half of us having other vital experience and knowledge (welding, mechanics, construction, plumbing, etc).

Apocalypse?

Bring it on.

My three ex-wifes, they kill everything!!!!
410 lever gun
22 bolt
22 auto
22 revolver
22 auto pistol
22 zip gun (backup when one of the above quit working)

Last edited:
Everyone says to use a caliber common enough to scavenge easily. Fact is, people would be guarding thier ammo more than thier guns, so chances are if you find some ammo, the gun it was used in will be close by. After a few weeks of a SHTF scenario, there will be a plethora of ARs and AKs, but the same cannont be said of ammo. So it doesnt REALLY matter what caliber you choose, just make sure you have plenty of ammo, and above all else, the skill to use it proficiently.

How many of you can actually run a mile...

How many people here who grew up and are accustomed to living in a first world house hold with internet and air conditioning are planning on participating in mass quantities of "firefights" on a daily basis with little intent other than acting upon emotion.

Did anyone take into account the amount of cardiac and respiratory stress a combat incursion has on the human body? There may be a reason that every professional military in the past 4,000 years has had physical conditioning of one kind or another.

Having a bunch of guns and food doesn't mean anything if you can't even move 100 yards without your legs giving out and gasping for air. I'm not going to purchase a long sword and claim to be ******** William Wallace after painting my face blue.

Has anyone here actually read literature, as in an entire book on how insurgencies work? I don't mean you watched a youtube video and read a wikipedia article. Guns and bullets have an incredibly small amount to do with it. It's all an information war. Your guns mean nothing if everyone hates you. Even the Soviets understood this, which is why they never trusted the Poles or Czechs to responsibly act with their (Soviet) interests, but that's a story for another time.

If you have never been in combat and live in air conditioning with 40% bodyfat, please stop thinking you're going to do anything more than get yourself killed fighting the U.S. military. Granted, entire divisions would defect, and again, that's a different topic all together. But still, keep to yourself and stop trying to promote bravado about something you will most likely never experience in life aside from making a poor choice.

This has been a PSA from your common sense minister.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom