• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SHTF firearms. Have you thought it out?

Main calibers that we stock ammo for are 5.56/.223, 9mm, .40, .45, .22. I have others as well, but those are for emergency trade situations. .308 and 12 gauge are in the works.

Chinese AKM's in 7.62x39. Good for deer-sized game, or person-sized. Utterly reliable.

Glock 22. Most common LE firearm on the planet, ammo readily available.

Rem 700 30-06 w/ Leupold VXIII. Most common rifle in existence, with a caliber that you can scrounge from any country gas station. Will do what it's supposed to, just ask sgt. York.

And... a Nylon 66. Squirrels is good eatin'.

9mm, .223/5.56 and 12ga. Recently aquired a M&P 45c FDE I'd planned on trading but am really beginning to see the benefits of having one in the arsenal. Unless someone else wants it more.....:pop2: ?

Keep it simple. 5.56 and 9mm. Common mags and parts between guns (ie Glock 9mms and ARs), etc. For .22 capabilities, I prefer a conversion kit to carrying around an entire other weapon system.

For me, the loadout is AK47(7.6X39) with a Glock 23 (40 S&W w/9MM barrel and mags back).
For the wife it's an AR15(5.56) with a Glock 27 (40S&W w/9MM barrel and mags back).

In the bag is an AR7 take-down .22 with 500 rounds of .22 and 100 rounds of 9MM. Also 3 loaded mags for the AK and AR.

That covers the two most likely rifle and two most likely pistol calibers (most likely being the ones I think will be easiest to scavenge if the need should arise) covered for defense, midsize and larger game and the .22 for small game.

I mainly have 9mm, 5.56 and 12 ga, wife has her little .38 and the big bad 590 12ga. I did get a new M&P 40c with Crimson Trace this morning..couldn't help myself.

Back
Top Bottom