• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Self defense shoe inserts?

That video would have been MUCH better if he would have really kicked the guy to show us if it really worked, or just bruised the hell out of the top of your foot when you actually kick something hard.

That video would have been MUCH better if he would have really kicked the guy to show us if it really worked, or just bruised the hell out of the top of your foot when you actually kick something hard.

This would be my concern, too. The insert doesn't have much area at the base to distribute the force, so the base could really do a number on your foot. If you've ever kicked something (or someone), you know that its not exactly a pleasant experience for the foot, and I don't know that the tongue of the boot/shoe would do much to cushion the hard plastic bottom of the insert.

This would be my concern, too. The insert doesn't have much area at the base to distribute the force, so the base could really do a number on your foot. If you've ever kicked something (or someone), you know that its not exactly a pleasant experience for the foot, and I don't know that the tongue of the boot/shoe would do much to cushion the hard plastic bottom of the insert.
After the attack you will feel the pain,I don't think you would while in fight mode though.

After the attack you will feel the pain,I don't think you would while in fight mode though.

Don't know about that... I imagine that if you break a metatarsal or two during a fight, your affected foot would be almost completely incapacitated regardless of adrenaline spike, etc. If you lose the use of that foot, you lose your footing, your balance, and pretty much all of your ability to effectively fight, at least standing up. Obviously, I don't know this for sure, because I haven't tested the theory.

I personally would not use these due to concerns outlined above. If you've already got your boots on, and you target your kicks correctly (no real need for these on a good, old-fashioned nut shot!), I don't see enough upside in these to justify the risk.

Back
Top Bottom