• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is There Such A Thing As A Viable Tool For Self Defense For A Minor College Student

Bit more conspicuous but one of my personal favorites, sjambok......scourge of the dark continent. Some day I'd love to have a real one made of rhino hide but in the mean time, cold steel makes em cheap and tough. Also great to dissuade aggressive dogs out in public.

Fock that looks painful and dumb very dumb.
All fun and games until someone gets a blood clot.

Kimber makes a very nice little pepper gel 'gun'. It has two shots in it, is very concealable but also very intuitive to use. No way you will point it at yourself by accident.

They also have a 'trainer' version to get the user comfortable with how it works, although if I remember it's pretty pricy.

Plus you can simply order them on Amazon.

Take yer pick. They all work, trust me...

20230930_112910.jpg

Any striking weapon gets a person way too close unless they are trained in hand to hand.

Distance is time and time is safety. You need something that will put some space between her and the person attacking, not force them to come within arms length to be effective.

Pepper gel sprayer, Taser, anything that is reasonable effective at a distance to get a bad person to hesitate and give the victim time to get out of Dodge is going to be far safer for her than trying to go hands-on without some serious training.

Situational awareness
Walk in crowd or at least with someone
Don't go out alone after dark and dont let your friends. This may mean going to the store with your roommate when you would rather be watching Tik toks
Put your phone away and don't wear ear buds
Be smart and make wise choices
My daughter carries POM but also understands that like a gun everyday she can avoid using it is a win.

Since you are in a gun and weapon free zone I don’t guess you need to worry. But if it were me I would have a small pistol hidden on me somewhere and some type of blade.

Back
Top Bottom