• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Seems like times are tough right now

My grocery bill runs $125 a week for just me, including household needs. I spent my Christmas dinner with some friends that have three daughters, ages form 8 to 11. All three girls are bean poles, each had a heaping plate of food. Mine plate was maybe 3/4 full and I did not finish my meal before filling up..All three girls went back for seconds, then ate desert, I took mine home with me..I would hate to see their grocery bill.

We used to eat there at least weekly. I like the owner but prices kept increasing and service and food quality declined. We have survived just fine without them for the last year.

As a matter of fact 12/07 will be a year since my wife and I had two dry burgers with cold fries and drinks and it was $38.00. I have eaten there once because my boss bought us all lunch there and it was disappointing as well
This blows my mind
Go to five guys with a family and your bill will be 50-100 bucks for cheeseburgers

This blows my mind
Go to five guys with a family and your bill will be 50-100 bucks for cheeseburgers
My Wife wanted to go to a fancy joint like that. Similar, can't remember the name. Few people in there. I looked at the menu and the prices, turned around walked out

I remember my dad and mom getting by on carpenter and bartender wages, and buying their first house for $60k in 1981. Cash down payment. I've consistently worked 50-70hrs a week for the last 15 years and I can't get ahead. I have some cool stuff and a house and a truck(and paid a ****ing mint for both)... but the future is uncertain.

Do you have any idea how hard it was to put a cash down payment on a house in '20?

No, I didn't think so.

Back
Top Bottom