• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Seems like times are tough right now

I worked for a company and one of my managers told me to apply for an open position internally. He was the hiring manager for that position and he wanted me in it. So, I applied and then HR rejected me. The manager called them up and asked them why. They said they rejected me because my home address was in a different area than the work location. Because the job didn't include relocation assistance, they just rejected me without forwarding my resume to the hiring manager. Anyway, HR had turned me down and then I got the job anyway. I have never gotten a job through HR in my life. HR is there for corporate compliance, in many cases, not for finding qualified candidates. I'm sure others have had different experiences, but that's been mine.
If you ever decide to leave your job for a better position I would expect you to punch out the HR manager as you leave. Not necessarily for your satisfaction, but for all the very capable people that could have been making your company better but were denied the opportunity. Just sayin'.

If you ever decide to leave your job for a better position I would expect you to punch out the HR manager as you leave. Not necessarily for your satisfaction, but for all the very capable people that could have been making your company better but were denied the opportunity. Just sayin'.
I made my getaway smoothly. Thankfully.

Dude! Tell me about it! I live on a very sharp incline and I must have a four-wheel drive. There's no two ways about that and I can't avoid it. And also live about 15 miles from the nearest grocery store, bank or anything else of any used to me. So just to get somewhere where I can get something done I have to put 10 to $15 worth of gas in my truck. Now I understand that's about choice but my house and my truck are paid off so there is a benefit. But having to pay that much just to get my chores and Aaron's done is ridiculous. It also eats into my rifle building budget tremendously. I'm still able to buy my parts but I can only buy like a single big part per month whereas they used to buy multiple parts. Gas is also not solely responsible for this situation but the cost of groceries is gone up immensely since the couple of years ago. I've had to stop shopping at Kroger which is about 15 miles away and start driving to the Super Walmart which is about 19 mi away because I end up saving a ton of money at Super Walmart. I for one am done with goods and services being jacked up in price so fast we can't keep up. It's freaking ridiculous!

Back
Top Bottom