• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Seems like times are tough right now

Money is still flowing and being spent. I don't get it. I see houses built, houses being swept off the market immediately, drive out tags and people traveling.

I agree that willing to work hard and desirable or marketable skills are required. I have been in the auto parts/customer service/service writer role for 30 years. I have done automotive, motorcycle/atv, aircraft and tractor. I can sell parts and my customers love and trust me but I have no marketable skill. I have the money to quit my job at this moment but have no idea what I would do. I sent out resumes a year or so ago and reached out to folks and came up with nothing outside of parts. I find it funny when you hear everyone is hiring but just being willing to work and teachable doesnt necessarily get your foot in the door anymore.
People are damn sure traveling. Seems like 2007 all over again…

OMG, a sure path to bankruptcy for the financially illiterate masses.
I mean, if you can’t afford a ferking PIZZA, for God’s sake…

A lot of real estate in Georgia is propped up by out of state/country buyers,

Indian/Chinese/Californian buy house in Atlanta/Gwinnett> Boomer sells house > Boomer buys new house in Jasper

That's not all of it, but there's FAR more of it happening than in 2007 when real Americans had purchasing power to buy homes en masse.

OMG, a sure path to bankruptcy for the financially illiterate masses.
I mean, if you can’t afford a ferking PIZZA, for God’s sake…
You have to admit it’s pretty genius from the companies side… making people debt slaves for pepperoni, cheese, and bread in 2023.

Back
Top Bottom