• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Seems like times are tough right now

last year, I decided that I would charge all my food and dinners out for a month....that's right guy's....I USED A CREDIT CARD....the humanity, I know....BUT I wanted to get a handle how much I was spending on food per month....just me....nobody else.....everything food related went on the card....one month...it was over $900.....just for me, and I eat like the Dink....I will go out some....staying at home, alone is not much fun!!!...I cook a lot of meals as well...
I think if people budgeted and tracked spending they would have more money but also they would be shocked

I think if people budgeted and tracked spending they would have more money but also they would be shocked
Greatest fiscal lesson I ever taught my son was when he was trying to decide to purchase something when he was young. "That is as much as you make mowing the lawn, which takes a lot of sweat and takes you over two hours. Is that worth over two hours of sweating for you to have it?". The light that went off was immediate and stuck. Oh yeah, he didn't buy it.

My dad didn't teach me financial responsibility. He taught me how to build houses. Unfortunately that doesn't help buying one.

I have a great understanding of almost all things mechanical, but I couldn't paperwork my way out of a cardboard box. Seems like one is way more valuable(and necessary) than the other nowadays. Granddad told me differently.

My dad didn't teach me financial responsibility. He taught me how to build houses. Unfortunately that doesn't help buying one.

I have a great understanding of almost all things mechanical, but I couldn't paperwork my way out of a cardboard box. Seems like one is way more valuable(and necessary) than the other nowadays. Granddad told me differently.
You can teach yourself. Information availability is at an all time high.
In the meantime, there's an old Steve Martin SNL skit that cuts to the point.

You can teach yourself. Information availability is at an all time high.
In the meantime, there's an old Steve Martin SNL skit that cuts to the point.

I was kind of busy working 50-70hrs a week lol. But yea, that's definitely on me. Kind of relates to that mislead thing though. I thought just hard work was enough, but you gotta swim through miles of red tape to do literally anything now.

Back
Top Bottom