• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Seems like times are tough right now

One of our local pizza restaurant owners decided to stop opening on Saturdays and said he will just raise prices to make up for it. When asked about his pricing he said he will just keep raising the price until people quit coming. So far folks are still pouring in. Once he offers a finance option the sky is the limit.

One of my long time friends was a finance manager at a car dealership before he quit to work for the federal government. I asked him why car prices are so high ? He said because people keep buying them.

My grocery bill runs $125 a week for just me, including household needs. I spent my Christmas dinner with some friends that have three daughters, ages form 8 to 11. All three girls are bean poles, each had a heaping plate of food. Mine plate was maybe 3/4 full and I did not finish my meal before filling up..All three girls went back for seconds, then ate desert, I took mine home with me..I would hate to see their grocery bill.
last year, I decided that I would charge all my food and dinners out for a month....that's right guy's....I USED A CREDIT CARD....the humanity, I know....BUT I wanted to get a handle how much I was spending on food per month....just me....nobody else.....everything food related went on the card....one month...it was over $900.....just for me, and I eat like the Dink....I will go out some....staying at home, alone is not much fun!!!...I cook a lot of meals as well...

My grocery bill runs $125 a week for just me, including household needs. I spent my Christmas dinner with some friends that have three daughters, ages form 8 to 11. All three girls are bean poles, each had a heaping plate of food. Mine plate was maybe 3/4 full and I did not finish my meal before filling up..All three girls went back for seconds, then ate desert, I took mine home with me..I would hate to see their grocery bill.
As a teenager, I used to eat a truly obscene amount of food (but was always thin). If you are a young family today, with kids approaching driving age, and trying to buy a home, God help you. Having said that, when the grocery store is paying order pickers $19 an hour to start... :noidea:

Back
Top Bottom