• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Seekins Precision Hit Rifle.

What makes the DT better? You know I love to pick your brain.
How the barrel indexes and locks in. No spinning it in and out is a nice touch as well. Annnnnnd, a big one, you can run a micro action, short action, long action or magnum off the one chassis. Ie, one gun gets you everything from 223 to 338 lapua and everything in between. With the seekins and AI and barrels, you have a limited window.

Agreed! But how does the barrel change differ between brands, when all you're doing is un-loosening a screw?

A quick change barrel is nice. But. It does introduce another variable. I want a quick change rifle. You can do it with the 700 actions, but they are not 100% consistent. And the seekins looks similar to those offerings. Time will tell on how the seekins performs. Otherwise, you have Barret, meh, DT, but I can't get with the bullpuppery, and AI, which you are married to that chassis.

I like the ideas and the price point on that seekins though. Will see how she does in the real world.

Micro action? 22LR? 5.7? Lol. Yes, the barrel doesnt need to be spun in to attach the barrel to the action. It has an index point. Love that idea as you dont have any problems installing the barrel. And with the AI you have to choose LA or SA, but with the LA that shoots .308 you can still shoot 6.5 and below? Not too many LA .308's.

How the barrel indexes and locks in. No spinning it in and out is a nice touch as well. Annnnnnd, a big one, you can run a micro action, short action, long action or magnum off the one chassis. Ie, one gun gets you everything from 223 to 338 lapua and everything in between. With the seekins and AI and barrels, you have a limited window.

Micro action? 22LR? 5.7? Lol. Yes, the barrel doesnt need to be spun in to attach the barrel to the action. It has an index point. Love that idea as you dont have any problems installing the barrel. And with the AI you have to choose LA or SA, but with the LA that shoots .308 you can still shoot 6.5 and below? Not too many LA .308's.
No. Like 223. 308, 6.5 cm, 6 cm, etc being the standard SA

A quick change barrel is nice. But. It does introduce another variable. I want a quick change rifle. You can do it with the 700 actions, but they are not 100% consistent. And the seekins looks similar to those offerings. Time will tell on how the seekins performs. Otherwise, you have Barret, meh, DT, but I can't get with the bullpuppery, and AI, which you are married to that chassis.

I like the ideas and the price point on that seekins though. Will see how she does in the real world.
I will convert you eventually.

Send it! Might clear out more pistols to make room for a LRR.
He's referring to me. I've got a black/black a1 chassis and wouldn't mind upgrading to an a2.

The AI/Barrett/700 requires loosening a locking screw then unthreading the barrel. DT is 4 or 5 hex head screws, slide barrel out, new one in. Close bolt to set headspace then tighten screws to 80 inch lbs. With some practice you can barrel swap in 60 secs.

The DT srs is a long action by design. Uses a plug to as a buffer to shorten the throw for short action calibers. Mags are the same with changes to the feed lips and a binder plate welded in to fit short action cartridges.

From factory it goes down to 308/6.5 creed and up to 338 lapua/300 RUM. SAC in Ohio makes a 223 conversion as aftermarket. Billet machined mags. Top notch kit and is by far my favorite conversion. 80gr VLD at 2900 fps. With a covert handguard you can run a 16" 300 blk barrel at 28" OAL. Longer scopes like a khales 525/624 or SB 5-25 overhang the muzzle. Its silly

Biggest benefit over AI and Barrett is availability. AI owners have complained about availability of parts like bolt heads and factory barrels. AI ignores the civ market for the fat mil contracts. My brother is considering an MRAD and not only parts but whole rifles are unobtanium with the mk22 contract. Maybe time will fix that. DT rifles and parts can be bought through several smaller retailers that keep their stuff in stock. Primal Rights, special purpose rifles and SAC to name a few.

Downside to the system is its a bullpup. Took a few 100 rds to get used to the ergos. I feel like an idiot behind a normal bolt gun now. Mag changes can be a bit precarious with a rear bag when on the clock. But on the flip side a 26 inch barrel with a 9 inch can is the same length as a 24 inch boltgun. Tradeoffs. The mags are also single stack. Magnums hold 4, shortaction holds 7 with an optional hi cap mags being long AF and hold 10. Also like $150 a pop.

I've been eyeing the M2 myself. But for years, always dreamed of sleeping with an AI. (Not Tom Irwin and company) Yeah, I like the DT barrel change. I think the more points of contact solidifies maintaining accuracy, return to zero, and durability. The guys on the Hide speak of the SAC barrels and vouch for them. I know EO keeps AI barrels on hand. (Or at least try). Haven't had any time with DT, but wouldn't doubt the bullpup would take some adjusting to get comfortable with the system. Oh and I like Barrett's MK22/MRAD system. I think it's a sharp rifle. Very accurate no doubt, with very much adaptability and versatility.

He's referring to me. I've got a black/black a1 chassis and wouldn't mind upgrading to an a2.

The AI/Barrett/700 requires loosening a locking screw then unthreading the barrel. DT is 4 or 5 hex head screws, slide barrel out, new one in. Close bolt to set headspace then tighten screws to 80 inch lbs. With some practice you can barrel swap in 60 secs.

The DT srs is a long action by design. Uses a plug to as a buffer to shorten the throw for short action calibers. Mags are the same with changes to the feed lips and a binder plate welded in to fit short action cartridges.

From factory it goes down to 308/6.5 creed and up to 338 lapua/300 RUM. SAC in Ohio makes a 223 conversion as aftermarket. Billet machined mags. Top notch kit and is by far my favorite conversion. 80gr VLD at 2900 fps. With a covert handguard you can run a 16" 300 blk barrel at 28" OAL. Longer scopes like a khales 525/624 or SB 5-25 overhang the muzzle. Its silly

Biggest benefit over AI and Barrett is availability. AI owners have complained about availability of parts like bolt heads and factory barrels. AI ignores the civ market for the fat mil contracts. My brother is considering an MRAD and not only parts but whole rifles are unobtanium with the mk22 contract. Maybe time will fix that. DT rifles and parts can be bought through several smaller retailers that keep their stuff in stock. Primal Rights, special purpose rifles and SAC to name a few.

Downside to the system is its a bullpup. Took a few 100 rds to get used to the ergos. I feel like an idiot behind a normal bolt gun now. Mag changes can be a bit precarious with a rear bag when on the clock. But on the flip side a 26 inch barrel with a 9 inch can is the same length as a 24 inch boltgun. Tradeoffs. The mags are also single stack. Magnums hold 4, shortaction holds 7 with an optional hi cap mags being long AF and hold 10. Also like $150 a pop.

Back
Top Bottom