• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Seekins Precision Hit Rifle.

I guess I'm selling my 168's and going for 175 and up. I always thought the medium weighted bullets like 168 would be great cause they gave the speed to get to the target before physics come into play. But the heavier grains seem to stabilize longer in flight, especially in longer distance shooting.

Go on acurrate shooter and see what the F class guys are shooting in their 308s. I have read two schools of thought, light and fast or heavy as hell like 185 and up. A lot of F class guys are shooting 30 inch barrels. They arent going to a mile, but they are grouping extremely well at 600 and 1000 yards.

10-4.

Go on acurrate shooter and see what the F class guys are shooting in their 308s. I have read two schools of thought, light and fast or heavy as hell like 185 and up. A lot of F class guys are shooting 30 inch barrels. They arent going to a mile, but they are grouping extremely well at 600 and 1000 yards.

Going subsonic doesn't mean that the bullet suddenly becomes inaccurate.

A buddy of mine is an LE/military sales rep for Nightforce. He was telling me about some military folks he was shooting with that were greatly exceeding 1,000yds with 14.5" .308's.

.308 is quite a bit more capable than folks give it credit for nowadays.

Speed of sound is about 1125fps.
Had a buddy recently shooting a 16" 308 at 1k while I was shooting a 6cm and he was step for step the whole way. He was dialing double though.

Shooting suppressed/unsuppressed? You think a 26 inch barrel would make it? I have some 175 SMK handloads that have been wonderful. I been thinking of trying the Berger Juggs. Hard to find locally.

I only shoot that rifle suppressed.

Back
Top Bottom