• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Scope recommendations for MK12 SPR Mod 1 clone

not really a 100% clone correct guy myself but you at least have to get the rail, brake and collar correct to be calling your rifle a Mk12. Just because DD markets it that way doesn’t make it so.
So why don’t you write Daniel Defense a letter and let them know how hurt your feelings are. It’s a mk12

Oh you’re one of THOSE people. It’s a DD mk12. Idk what else to call it, since you know that’s the name of it. BuT iTs NoT cLoNe CoRrEcT.

not really a 100% clone correct guy myself but you at least have to get the rail, brake and collar correct to be calling your rifle a Mk12. Just because DD markets it that way doesn’t make it so.

Yeah I dont know why DD causes it a Mk12 either. I'm not familiar with the various builds outside of Mod 0 or Mod 1. I know some people think just an 18" barrel that shoots 5.56 is a Mk12 and I dont think thats the case but I can't blame you for calling it what the manufacturers call it.

I'm a clone builder and I try to say as close to spec as possible but not at the risk of spending an astronomical amount on old tech.

Yeah I dont know why DD causes it a Mk12 either. I'm not familiar with the various builds outside of Mod 0 or Mod 1. I know some people think just an 18" barrel that shoots 5.56 is a Mk12 and I dont think thats the case but I can't blame you for calling it what the manufacturers call it.

I'm a clone builder and I try to say as close to spec as possible but not at the risk of spending an astronomical amount on old tech.
Seems to me most of the differences are cosmetic and antiquated tech, I get people wanting to build a nostalgic rifle and being “clone correct” (even though it never is), but the spirit of the original is found in the ddmk12, and it’s identical in function. I prefer a QD can instead of direct thread, I prefer a modern rail, I like Daniel furniture. These things don’t effect function or the purpose of the build. I also have a Mk18 from Daniel.

Seems to me most of the differences are cosmetic and antiquated tech, I get people wanting to build a nostalgic rifle and being “clone correct” (even though it never is), but the spirit of the original is found in the ddmk12, and it’s identical in function. I prefer a QD can instead of direct thread, I prefer a modern rail, I like Daniel furniture. These things don’t effect function or the purpose of the build. I also have a Mk18 from Daniel.

Modern rail? Why didn’t you put an Mlok on it then? Quad rail ain’t modern at all…plus we all know the FF RAS looks much better than the DD rail. It’s just iconic. I’m glad you enjoy your rifle though!

Modern rail? Why didn’t you put an Mlok on it then? Quad rail ain’t modern at all…plus we all know the FF RAS looks much better than the DD rail. It’s just iconic. I’m glad you enjoy your rifle though!
I prefer quads. Much stronger, better looking, easier to move stuff around. I’m not worried about a few added ounces. I’ve got an M4a1, Mk18, and mk12, all quads. I’m just Not a fan of mlock or cockmod. And the mk12 quad IS a modern rail. It’s FF, Slimmer than the RIS2, has built in QD points. Also, I already have close to $5k in this build.l, I’m not spending more to swap the rail just to get the blessing of forum fappers to be able to call it by its name.

If you’re wanting to stay around that magnification range I would consider the vudu 1-8 over the 2.5-10. Will be a little more versatile. As far as durability, it feels pretty solid. I haven’t (and won’t intentionally) beat the crap out of it, but it feels like it could take some abuse. I normally shoot it from the prone, so it’s not really getting slammed around.

How far out have you shot? What ammo are you using?

How far out have you shot? What ammo are you using?
I’ve shot to 500yards but only a couple times. My personal range is only 250 yards so it’s limited. Right now I’m running pine valley munitions 77gr SMK. Velocities are a little slower than I’d like but they are very tight shooting. One day I’ll get into reloading.

What velocities are you seeing from the PVM 77gr?
Actually looks, like PV was aware and has increased it slightly.
5C35AA33-BD9B-44C2-9388-679147F6604C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom