• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Scope recommendations for MK12 SPR Mod 1 clone

Just a thought of a scope that kinda mimics the proper NF is the vortex pst 2.5-10×32. Kind of the same lines for around 700 or maybe less. I had one for a short time and the glass was excellent.

Or you can do the leupold mkIV 3x9 but I think it's a lesser scope

ETA RIF. I didnt read your 2nd paragraph. Only thing about the puppy 3.5 to 10 is watch for fakes. China made copies that were indistinguishable except that they all had the same serial number.

I run a Vortex PST Gen 2 2.5-10x32 MRAD on my Mk12. Not clone correct. If I were you I'd just save the money and find a NF 2.5-10x24. I don't care for the Leupold offerings for the Mk12, maybe if I was building a mod0. Other options are NF 2.5-10x42 or 3.5-15x50. The Vortex glass is nice but if being clone correct bothers you then you will regret it down the road.

The NF AK74U AK74U referenced I have is on a NSW Recce clone. That is a NX8 1-8x24. Nice scope, but differs from the NXS 2.5-10 as the reticle is not as precise and it has .2MRAD adjustments instead of .1. The NX8 is also about 1.1" shorter.

Bf0W3GU.jpg

I run a Vortex PST Gen 2 2.5-10x32 MRAD on my Mk12. Not clone correct. If I were you I'd just save the money and find a NF 2.5-10x24. I don't care for the Leupold offerings for the Mk12, maybe if I was building a mod0. Other options are NF 2.5-10x42 or 3.5-15x50. The Vortex glass is nice but if being clone correct bothers you then you will regret it down the road.

The NF AK74U AK74U referenced I have is on a NSW Recce clone. That is a NX8 1-8x24. Nice scope, but differs from the NXS 2.5-10 as the reticle is not as precise and it has .2MRAD adjustments instead of .1. The NX8 is also about 1.1" shorter.

Bf0W3GU.jpg

Thanks for the input.

How important is the objective len size? I've seen everything from 24 to 44mm mentioned. Not sure if one is more clone correct or if it will make much difference in shooting or if it affects mounting options.

Thanks for the input.

How important is the objective len size? I've seen everything from 24 to 44mm mentioned. Not sure if one is more clone correct or if it will make much difference in shooting or if it affects mounting options.

The only clone correct is the x24. But the x42 and x50 are good options. The x50 has been seen in the wild. Bigger objective lens will let in more light and provide a better overall shooting experience. It really is a personal choice. Many love the x24 and many hate it. The rings for the mod1 will be the #22 high rings. I had them but didn’t like them so I went with the LT-104. Nightforce unimount will work too or their ultralite rings.

You just have to decide how clone correct you want to be. Any of the Nightforce options are worth the money though.

Sorry for the confusion.

Bf0W3GU.jpg

Back
Top Bottom