• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Scope recommendations for MK12 SPR Mod 1 clone

Lazarus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
Well I got my Mk12 Mod 1 upper. Its a legit upper sitting on on a Colt lower. I've so far spec'd out that I need ARMS rings, not sure if I need high or medium but I think high is what is generally used on the clones. What I'm wondering about is the scope with the actual issued scopes so old and expensive I'm just trying to find something practical and something that doesnt cost as much as the upper itself.

Would like to say around $1000 if possible. I was thinking about getting a Vortex PST in 2-10 but then I came across a Leupold Mark 4 3.5x10 which I think is a little better in terms of ruggedness and glass. I could be wrong. I think they are used on M110 which I would imagine is a longer ranged rifle than a Mk12. Price difference is about $375, $900 vs $1275. I've always heard great things about Nightforce but the NXS 2.5-10 is $1600. Are they worth that much more?

Anyways I appreciate you guys input. Are they any other good options I should be looking at?

Obligatory pics:
20210504_103012.jpg

20210504_103026.jpg

Well I don’t shoot long range but they say a quality 8x is aplenty for 600 yards
that trijicon credo 1-8x28 Looks nice

Well I don’t shoot long range but they say a quality 8x is aplenty for 600 yards
that trijicon credo 1-8x28 Looks nice

Yeah I dont know how those guys shoot so far with little to no magnification. Its like I hear of guys shooting 100+ yards with irons. I can barely see that far and I got good eyes. LOL

Theoretically, a Mk4. But I can't stand em. Something like a NF nose 2.5-10 would be about ideal

What dont you like about the Mk4?

I thought Leupold was top notch, not as high as Nightforce but perhaps right under but I've heard a lot of mixed to bad things about their scopes.

What dont you like about the Mk4?

I thought Leupold was top notch, not as high as Nightforce but perhaps right under but I've heard a lot of mixed to bad things about their scopes.
It's leupold. They truly aren't very good scopes, at any level of what you are buying.

Back
Top Bottom