• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Scope recommendations for MK12 SPR Mod 1 clone

I’ve got an EOTech Vudu 5-25 on mine. No doubt at all it’s too much scope, but the compact size and weight for all this magnification, FFP, and crisp illuminated reticle, makes it a great choice for me. I’ve been very happy with it.

188A1798-8C63-4012-9149-A9E8E4F89165.jpeg

I’ve got an EOTech Vudu 5-25 on mine. No doubt at all it’s too much scope, but the compact size and weight for all this magnification, FFP, and crisp illuminated reticle, makes it a great choice for me. I’ve been very happy with it.

View attachment 3254108

That’s not even close to a Mk12. It’s gotta have a FF RAS long or PRI handguard. I’m sure she’s a fine shooter though.

So apparently Ron isn't full retiring but is going to a true 40 hour work week. That is good news! AEM5s will still be produced, just slower.

That is good news for sure. I've pre-ordered through Capitol Armory and supposedly they ordered enough to ensure that I get one but now I feel a little bit better.

Do you know how old Ron is? I see he's been in business since like 1984 so he's been making stuff almost as long as I've been born so I'm guessing he is close to 70 if not older

I run a Vortex PST Gen 2 2.5-10x32 MRAD on my Mk12. Not clone correct. If I were you I'd just save the money and find a NF 2.5-10x24. I don't care for the Leupold offerings for the Mk12, maybe if I was building a mod0. Other options are NF 2.5-10x42 or 3.5-15x50. The Vortex glass is nice but if being clone correct bothers you then you will regret it down the road.

The NF @AK74U referenced I have is on a NSW Recce clone. That is a NX8 1-8x24. Nice scope, but differs from the NXS 2.5-10 as the reticle is not as precise and it has .2MRAD adjustments instead of .1. The NX8 is also about 1.1" shorter.

Bf0W3GU.jpg
The New ATACR 1-8x might be more your speed then. Finer center aiming point and .1 mrad adjustments.

View attachment 3254108

I've been thinking about the Vudu 2.5-10. I like the price. I know it's not clone correct but just wondering if their scopes are military durable or more like hunting durable?

I've been thinking about the Vudu 2.5-10. I like the price. I know it's not clone correct but just wondering if their scopes are military durable or more like hunting durable?
If you’re wanting to stay around that magnification range I would consider the vudu 1-8 over the 2.5-10. Will be a little more versatile. As far as durability, it feels pretty solid. I haven’t (and won’t intentionally) beat the crap out of it, but it feels like it could take some abuse. I normally shoot it from the prone, so it’s not really getting slammed around.

Oh you’re one of THOSE people. It’s a DD mk12. Idk what else to call it, since you know that’s the name of it. BuT iTs NoT cLoNe CoRrEcT.

not really a 100% clone correct guy myself but you at least have to get the rail, brake and collar correct to be calling your rifle a Mk12. Just because DD markets it that way doesn’t make it so.

Back
Top Bottom