• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SBR Form 1 and installation... Where to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I had my office manager do it. Eitehr way all you have to do is go to Kroger or have the bank do it. Took a couple of days for the bank to figure out what a NFA Trust was and if they could actually do it. Once they approved it I had it set up in a couple hours. Cost me $30 for the program and I will send the BATFE $200 and have to pay to have the reciever engraved with R.E.B. NFA Trust and thats it.

I can use this same trust for suppressors and more SBR's from now on. I got to name "trustees" as well, these are people that are authorized to use this gun and any otehrs that are listed in the trust and have possesion of them as well. Any gun listed in the trust can be used and carried by the trustees, unlike just getting a SBR permit which has only your picture and fingerprints associated with that gun. The only person that can posses that gun is you. If someone breaks in your home while you are away and your wife, dad, sister or brother grabs it and defends thenselves with it they go to jail, period. If you go to a gun range and allow anyone to shoot the weapon and they get caught same thing, they go to jail. However, if they are listed on the trust they can have possesion of the gun at any time weather you are present or not. Seemed like the best thing to do was create a "NFA Trust" and start listing my regulated fireams on it.

Last edited:
It was pretty simple actually. I downloaded the Quicken Willmaker 2013 which was useless because it no longer has an option to set up an individual revocable trust, so that was a waste of time and money. I did a search for NFA Firearms Trust and found this site that had everything I needed

http://www.doityourselfdocuments.com/Estateplanning/Trust/nfaTrust.aspx

Just make sure to get the Georgia version.

There are free trust document examples posted in the Class III section.

Also it's fairly easy to install a barrel, If you want I have a vice, mag block, and barrel wrench. and I'm in Atlanta(Brookhaven)

There are free trust document examples posted in the Class III section.

Also it's fairly easy to install a barrel, If you want I have a vice, mag block, and barrel wrench. and I'm in Atlanta(Brookhaven)

Yeah I can do them as well. I have the tools but will need to have the engraving done at the same time or before I can install the 10.5" barrel once I get the tax stamp.

I went to the Class III section and they recommended using the Quicken Willmaker program I mentioned which was useless now that it no longer has the revocable trust documents included. Standard revocable trusts are a little different from a NFA Trust anyway, I opted to go the NFA Trust route since it is designed for exactly this purpose and sems to be much simpler.

Yeah I can do them as well. I have the tools but will need to have the engraving done at the same time or before I can install the 10.5" barrel once I get the tax stamp.

I went to the Class III section and they recommended using the Quicken Willmaker program I mentioned which was useless now that it no longer has the revocable trust documents included. Standard revocable trusts are a little different from a NFA Trust anyway, I opted to go the NFA Trust route since it is designed for exactly this purpose and sems to be much simpler.

CJI Guns in tucker does the engraving and I am sure they can put the barrel in

I never setup a bank account, I just put that the trust had $200 dollars in it. I sent a personal check and both of the ones I've sent in have been approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom