• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sb93 hunting with suppressors

This is embarrassing. It did get stripped. It was attended on the Floor, apparantly without objection so there was no roll call vote on that amendment.

Sorry for making such a foolish entry into the pool.

So, out of curiosity, any particular reason this would be run through so quietly?? I've been following this thread and playing along, but cant say I've heard or read anything about it anywhere else.. I would think that there would be adds or commercials regarding it, simply for awareness. I'd venture to say that 95% of the population doesnt even believe suppressors are legal, why would they support or even convey to their rep's that it should pass??

So, out of curiosity, any particular reason this would be run through so quietly?? I've been following this thread and playing along, but cant say I've heard or read anything about it anywhere else.. I would think that there would be adds or commercials regarding it, simply for awareness. I'd venture to say that 95% of the population doesnt even believe suppressors are legal, why would they support or even convey to their rep's that it should pass??
too small of industry.

too small of industry.

Still find it difficult to believe(understand) why they havent pressed for more awareness.. Lots of money in that small industry if people were more educated.. How could anyone, who understood what a suppressor was and did, vote against them? Although, maybe the more cloudy the subject, the more the prices will hold.. $1000 for a muffler is pretty steep in all reality..

You have to understand who owns the press in this state.

The reporting is decidedly liberal as long as they can get away with it whether it is regarding our second amendment rights or any other of their agenda items.

For instance, there was a bill that would force counties and municipalities to allow non-union contractors to bid on contracts that use tax dollars. HB 362. It passed the House 166-0. The Lt. Gov. assigned it to the only Senate Committee Chaired by a democrat knowing it would die there.

Did any of you hear about that on TV or radio? I doubt it.

They control what we know unless we dig it out for ourselves and as this thread proves, that ain't easy!

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I again apologize for the confusion I caused yesterday.

This is a stupid question but does anyone have an answer? Since Georgia laws don't allow suppressors while hunting, could you hunt with a suppressor if its on your own private property? I believe the laws is to prevent accidental shooting, they don't want suppressors so other hunters are aware of who's out there hunting. So if that's the case, would it be legal to hunt with suppressor on your own land?

Back
Top Bottom