Ruger quality?

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
So, maybe it's just my usual luck, but it recently occurred to me....

I have a number of Rugers but only three that were manufactured this century. A Red Label, a Single Six, and a Precision Rimfire.
The first time I took the Red Label out, it was for a round of sporting clays. I was shooting light target loads. The barrel got surprisingly hot and the ventilated rib now has a slight 'warp' in it. Doesn't appear to affect anything but certainly not the quality I expected from a $1,200 shotgun.
The Single Six shoots well left of point of aim despite having the site adjust to it's limit. Hard to tell but it appears the front sight may be incorrectly mounted but I think it's just an issue with the barrel.
The Ruger Precision has abysmal accuracy for ANY rifle much less a 'precision' rifle. I think every .22 I have or ever had is more accurate.

I don't recall a single issue, of any type, with any of the Rugers I own made prior. That includes rifles and revolvers.
The Single Six and the Precision are on their way back to Ruger. I'm not even going to bother with the Red Label.

So, is it just my usual "luck" or have others seen similar QC issues?

So, maybe it's just my usual luck, but it recently occurred to me....

I have a number of Rugers but only three that were manufactured this century. A Red Label, a Single Six, and a Precision Rimfire.
The first time I took the Red Label out, it was for a round of sporting clays. I was shooting light target loads. The barrel got surprisingly hot and the ventilated rib now has a slight 'warp' in it. Doesn't appear to affect anything but certainly not the quality I expected from a $1,200 shotgun.
The Single Six shoots well left of point of aim despite having the site adjust to it's limit. Hard to tell but it appears the front sight may be incorrectly mounted but I think it's just an issue with the barrel.
The Ruger Precision has abysmal accuracy for ANY rifle much less a 'precision' rifle. I think every .22 I have or ever had is more accurate.

I don't recall a single issue, of any type, with any of the Rugers I own made prior. That includes rifles and revolvers.
The Single Six and the Precision are on their way back to Ruger. I'm not even going to bother with the Red Label.

So, is it just my usual "luck" or have others seen similar QC issues?
Ruger’s QC can be hit or miss. With that said, they do have great customer service if you do have a problem.

Ruger’s QC can be hit or miss. With that said, they do have great customer service if you do have a problem.
I'll find out I guess. If the RPR comes back shooting like it should I'll be (pleasantly) stunned. That's actually the one that aggravates me the most.

When I see you post about your luck lately, Geaux, I think of you this way:

Brown1.jpg

I've returned one or two rifles to Ruger over the years and always had good customer service from them...

I own more Ruger’s than anything else and I guess I’ve been lucky. Never had a problem. Heck I’m wearing a Ruger shirt now. That being said the only semiautomatic pistol I have of theirs is an SR-22. It’s functioned flawless, I just don’t like their other design’s.

Back
Top Bottom