• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger quality?

So an inch and a half groups at 50 yards with a 36x benchrest scope when an old 77/22 shoots sub half inch with a terrible scope and trigger, you figure is not acceptable? :mmph:

That's pretty sad. I've gotten much, much better groups with my RPR. Definitely something wrong with that one.

I do know mine is definitely ammo sensitive. Not enough to get groups like you are seeing, but enough to make it worth trying a bunch of different types.

Overall I'm perfectly happy with Ruger quality though. The may have to go back for repair more often than some brands, but that's mostly because they make so many more guns than most brands.

It's like the statistic that most accidents happen less than 10 miles from home. Well of course they do. The vast majority of driving is done less than 10 miles from home, so of course the number of accidents is greater in that same range.

Same thing with Ruger. They sell far more guns than any other manufacturer, so it's no surprise they have more problem guns. Also, as mentioned above, they do a good job taking care of their customers, which is something a lot of brands fall down on.

I just recently purchased a Ruger AR556. I went through it and replaced good bit of the working parts and it turned out pretty good. I wouldn't give you 10 dollars for those poly rifles of theirs. They make a make a good cowboy six gun but the others are pick and choose wisely. I like there wood and blue steel 10/22's. They have a lot of budget guns that shoot but just lack in overall quality. Just like most gun manufacturers out there. I don't care what you say a poly gun with a scope for 385 bucks just won't cut the mustard.

Sent a brand new Lc9s back several years ago. They replaced the entire slide.
Sent a new 1911 commander back. A 45 round would not even begin to go in the barrel. Got a email that Ruger was destroying that gun and sent me another. Still like and own Ruger but it seems like the quality control has slipped in recent years
Rugers 1911's are crap!

I know I will get a lot of crap for saying it but the Taurus PT 1911 is just about the best gun under a grand you can get aside from the Springfield. They have cornered the market in that price range. What I like about the Taurus is it is hand fitted with a match bushing, forged match barrel, forget frame and slide and the trigger on then is not bad. It could use work but for the price point a trigger job will still get you in under a grand. The Springfield needs nothing out of the box. Kimber makes a decent gun but they are way over priced for no more than you get for a ,1000 plus. I still think Springfield is the best gun for your dollar to be had. I have owned as many as six at a time and I would reach for the Springy or souped up PT 1911 every time.

As evidenced by this thread, the most important thing to the American consumer today is price. Quality comes way down the list as long as the crap they're buying is cheap.

Back
Top Bottom