• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Archangel stock for Ruger 10 22

Swampbogger

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
49   0
Reaction score
I'm thinking about putting one on my Ruger but not sure about fit and function.... would like to hear from folks who have used them please.

ARCHANGEL 556 STOCK RUG 10/22 MONO

I've read positive things about this stock as well.

The rifle was given to me (looks new) but I'm not that big of a fan of the 10/22 aesthetically speaking. My two granddaughters like to shoot but an AR15 is a little big for them so was gonna put the stock on the Ruger.

I've seen a LOT of 10/22's on the firing line, and almost ANY stock is better than the "stock" Ruger stock. The factory stock positions the firing hand so far from the trigger that the shooter has to rotate his hand around the wrist/grip to get a decent straight back trigger press unless the shooter has freakishly long fingers. The stock looks good aesthetically, but it's not best for shooting. And a barrel band? Seriously?

So any adjustable stock that addresses these concerns is an improvement in my book.

I believe some of the things Ruger has done with the 10/22 prove they secretly hate their customers. Don't believe me?

Buckhorn sights
Bolt lock that requires tiny little alien fingers or Elvira length fingernails to engage.
Bolt release that requires little alien fingers and dexterity of a neurosurgeon to release.

But there's a lot of accessories for them, they're pretty reliable, and the aforementioned shortcomings can be overcome with aftermarket parts and/or careful modification.

I didn't hate mine. Only drawback is the depth of the magwell makes it hard to insert the 10 rd rotary mags. And God bless your soul if the empty mag doesn't drop by gravity. Would highly recommend buying the 15 rd stick mags if your gonna buy the archangel.

Back
Top Bottom