• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cross reference for .22 lots?

Gremlin

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
38   0
Reaction score
So I picked up a .22lr rifle. Tried a bunch of different ammo in it. Buddy of mine had a box of sk rifle match. It shot lights out. Like ragged hole at 35 yards, so I bought a couple of bricks of the same. Well I guess due to different lot numbers or what have you, the new doesn’t come close to what I was expecting. Is there a cross reference from one lot to another, or is it really just a guessing game? I would love to trade this ammo for some of the same lot, but due to the age of the good lot, I doubt any could be found. Maybe someone has some suggestions.

Obligatory photos
2F17A549-B684-4754-89F0-27454D3D6AAA.jpeg
Old ammo

747D6CC7-1689-4589-B33E-7B6489072874.jpeg
New ammo

With lapua, you can cross reference lots. Made on same machine, similar velocities, etc.

I believe that you may be able with to with eley, at least to a degree. I don't believe that such info is available for sk.

Best thing to do is just send the rifle off for lot testing and then buy a case of the best ammo. Since your rifle likes sk, I'd go lapua.

Also, make sure you shot a box through before you start worrying about group size. 22 can be a finicky lil Beatrice.
Thanks! I shot two groups that were great with lot A. Shot two groups that were less than stellar with lot B. The immediately shot another group with A lot that was great. Seems to be a difference in the ammo. It is driving me crazy! Lol

Thanks! I shot two groups that were great with lot A. Shot two groups that were less than stellar with lot B. The immediately shot another group with A lot that was great. Seems to be a difference in the ammo. It is driving me crazy! Lol
Save yourself the headache. Send it off for lot testing then buy a case or two. You'll be set for a while

Back
Top Bottom