• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rock Island Redo!.....RE DONE!!. Updated pics on pg. 6

Man I think this is the nicest Rock Island I've seen, if you ever put this up for sale I would definitely be interested.

Thanks Trout Slayer
She is Rock Island to the core!! One of the goals was to keep it as stock as possible and just use simple hand tools and processes to purdy her up. The sights and the trigger are the only non stock parts. Those stock RIA triggers really just gotta go! and the GI sights are usable, but for $30ish, its worth replacing them. The Ed Brown trigger is only about $20 and makes a big difference with the over travel adjustment.

And thanks, but I dont think she will ever sell it. I wish she would trade it for a full size, so I could do another one, But I doubt it.

Last edited:
I've got a full size one if you really feel like playing with it!! Hahahaha.

...but seriously, what would that cost me?

Well, Lets see.... Couple hundred $$ in files and misc. hand tools, a good bench mounted vise, $50ish in bluing stuff and a wife with a 1911 who will let you play with it!!;)

Seriously, Im just a guy with a serious addiction to taking stuff apart!! most of the time I get it back together!

You would need a professional gun smith with an FFL to really do this kind of work on someone elses gun for $$$. We are lucky to have several here in atlanta and some who even generously contribute info to this forum.

Nice job, Mark. I love projects like this, just never seem to have the time to get to them. Planning on cleaning up an old 1950s Single-Six next month and trying my hand at rust bluing it.

Thanks for posting!

Well, Lets see.... Couple hundred $$ in files and misc. hand tools, a good bench mounted vise, $50ish in bluing stuff and a wife with a 1911 who will let you play with it!!;)

Seriously, Im just a guy with a serious addiction to taking stuff apart!! most of the time I get it back together!

You would need a professional gun smith with an FFL to really do this kind of work on someone elses gun for $$$. We are lucky to have several here in atlanta and some who even generously contribute info to this forum.

You do an excellent job. Now you can play with my other guns. lol

Back
Top Bottom