• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RIP Meatwad aka Jon Skinner

God Speed brother. I'll be keeping all his family and friends in my thoughts and prayers. And I look forward to meeting him someday in a better world and a better place.

haven't been on much in the past few weeks , hate to hear we lost a good guy , i never met him but read a lot of stuff just scrolling through the threads , prayers sent up for this young man and his family

This is truly sad. I am addicted to this forum for all the good help to see the neat guns and have meet and traded with a few people that were great. I am so sorry for your loss as I couldn't imagine what you are going through. I can see from this post there is a lot of great people here. I never met him but had read some of his funny posts. I will keep you and your family in prayers.

Mrs. Skinner, I am terribly sorry to hear of your husband’s passing and my heart breaks at the thought of your kids losing their daddy, and you your husband at such a young age.

Like many others here I was often entertained by Jon’s musings, fickleness over his carry pistol choice, and ever-inquisitive nature over the “proper” or “best” way of handling things, especially defensive scenarios. I remember one time he posted a hypothetical situation about carrying a child and what the best course of action would be to look out for his family. Clearly he loved and cared for you all very much.

Although I never met Jon in person, he and I traded PMs on occasion and he recently helped me out with something just a few weeks ago. It seems his nature was to help out others as well as take care of his own.

I also enjoyed Jon’s self-deprecating sense of humor as he was always the first one to play along and enjoy the reactions he could get from everyone else. Although Jon was earnest in his desire to improve, he always kept a great attitude about the comments and feedback he received. I am sure he is up there running his tactical drills and practicing his couch dives while smiling down and looking over you and your children.

You and your family will remain in the thoughts and prayers of myself and those of my wife and family. May Jon rest in peace and may you and yours find love and healing.

DavetheMinion's brother in law here. I would like to personally thank each and every ODT member for supporting my sister Mrs.DavetheMinion. Jon always told me to join ODT. I had the pleasure of going on a coyote hunt hosted by a member with Jon. I always told myself I will join soon and I am ashamed that it took so long for me to do it. DavetheMinion had a massive impact on my life. I learned to be the father I am watching him. I will always cherish the memories and will forever be blessed to call him my Brother. I cannot believe he is gone but being able to keep an eye on these forums has helped us all cope. I hope that I can be welcomed into the ODT family because you all meant so much to Jon. Thank you all and I will see ya around.

Mrs. Skinner, I am terribly sorry to hear of your husband’s passing and my heart breaks at the thought of your kids losing their daddy, and you your husband at such a young age.

Like many others here I was often entertained by Jon’s musings, fickleness over his carry pistol choice, and ever-inquisitive nature over the “proper” or “best” way of handling things, especially defensive scenarios. I remember one time he posted a hypothetical situation about carrying a child and what the best course of action would be to look out for his family. Clearly he loved and cared for you all very much.

Although I never met Jon in person, he and I traded PMs on occasion and he recently helped me out with something just a few weeks ago. It seems his nature was to help out others as well as take care of his own.

I also enjoyed Jon’s self-deprecating sense of humor as he was always the first one to play along and enjoy the reactions he could get from everyone else. Although Jon was earnest in his desire to improve, he always kept a great attitude about the comments and feedback he received. I am sure he is up there running his tactical drills and practicing his couch dives while smiling down and looking over you and your children.

You and your family will remain in the thoughts and prayers of myself and those of my wife and family. May Jon rest in peace and may you and yours find love and healing.

Well said young man!!! I could have not said it better...

Back
Top Bottom