• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RIP Meatwad aka Jon Skinner

I hardly know what to say.... like as with Will, Jon & I had many, many conversations about tactics, firearms, family, & life in general.
I couldn't even imagine all of the PM's we exchanged where he would ask about this or that.
As I'm sure Will would agree, he always wanted to "get it right" and spent a lot of time practicing what he learned.

In our conversations he was always very focused on taking care of those around him. He seemed very devoted to his family & friends.
He also seemed to feel a close kinship with members of this forum which is evident through the outpouring of support here. I remember in several threads that when exchanges would start getting heated or people would disagree that he often would try to get others to get along better.

I am sorry for the tragic loss to his family & hope that God gives his wife the strength she needs to get through this.

I haven't been on the ODT for quite some time and I thought I'd check out what's been going on lately after receiving OS's e-mail about the upcoming annual Giveaway Day coming up next week... and this is the first thing I saw. How very sad indeed. Just made my donation to the family. I'll also be keeping them in my thoughts, prayers, and best wishes during this very difficult time of loss. When I joined the ODT a few years ago, it was truly a Godsend for me and my family and really helped us out during a truly difficult time in our lives. I'm happy to pay it forward and help out fellow ODTers in need when I can. This group has been a family to me over the years. I've been away for a while, but I'm really glad I logged in tonight so that I at least know what happened and help Jon's family, and also re-connect with old friends. You never know what's going to happen, so live life to its fullest.

I am sorry to hear of your loss! I have been occupied lately and haven't been on ODT like I have in the past. There will be prayers for your family from mine!

wow just found out the me and this kid worked at the same company never had the pleasure of working with him though,i did however at times try to do some trading with him it just never worked out.From what i have been told he was a very hard worker and a family man the company is doing payroll deduction for all employees that want to give God be with his family.

Travelingman07

I dealt with Meatwad via private messages some. He was a fun guy that cared about his family and friends. Men like that make the world a better place. He'll be missed.

I haven't been on in a few days. My prayers go out to the Skinner family. I never met "Dave the Minion", but I always enjoyed reading his posts. Some guys just make a mark on their corner if the world, someway, somehow, & he was one of them. I'll miss reading his posts. Reading these comments brought tears to my eyes.

I pray for comfort & peace to Mrs. Dave the Minion & the children. It has already been said, but let us know if you need anything, anything at all. We are here for you.

I'mproud to be an ODT member. This is more than a community of like minded folks, it is truly a family. God bless you all.

DJ

Back
Top Bottom