Rant and beating a dead horse!!!

I see what you're you're saying, but from what I've seen on here, people like to haggle a little. I'm not talking about the stupid lowball offers you get from some people, but the ones that make a decent offer that's a bit lower than my asking price. I'll normally reply with a counter offer and they can either accept that, or they can make me another offer.

People like to be able to talk you down off your original price a little, so it's good to add a little bit of wiggle room.
I know, and it makes it that much more satisfying when I reply with my original asking price and say it's firm. Some people want a good deal, I want a fair deal.

Or the

"It's been stippled professionally "

Really, I didn't know you can get a doctorate for sticking a $10 soldering iron all over the grip of your gun

Sure there are pros. They are regulated by APES (Association of Professional Electronic Stipplers). I think their headquarters are located in Conyers.

Them: What's your bottom price?
Me: What's the most you will pay? Make me an offer and I will say yes or no.
Them: Crickets....

Its really a shame though because they do have cash in hand and will buy today.

Sometimes price is set too high because the seller doesn't know any better. Sometimes it's because they are being greedy. I never negotiate asking price unless I see it's more than fair market value. Most of the time I'll give whats priced. I've even been known to pay more if I want it bad enough and it's hard to find another.

I agree with the original poster..its a waste of time to give a person your"bottom dollar" anymore in this society we now live in..all they do is lowball your "bottom dollar"..

On the other hand..have you seen some of the prices on here?

I listed that Glock 27 for $550 with nearly $250 in extras/ammo
They guy offered $450
Clydes armory has 2 trade in G27 just like mine for $399.99
Either:
A) The guy is full of **** and just wants to lowball you
B) He's an idiot & bad business man
Looked it up and was going to give you a hard time but that wasn't a bad deal. Too bad I missed out on the Taurus you had for $250, that was a good deal as well!

I can't help it, I have to offer a little less than the asking price. I thought it was some kind of man law.

One thing I take into account is how much it will cost me to pick the thing up. $50 worth of gas is still $50 out of my pocket. I've found that most sellers will consider that, at least to maybe splitting the cost.

I don't make "low ball" offers, so it's really no fun when you get butt hurt because I offered less than you're asking. If you are going to be a dealer, with a set sticker price, just say so.

I'm sure I have been guilty of asking a bit too much for a used gun but this is usually when I am more looking to trade. This is to combat the "I'll offer mine at trade for full retail if you value yours at 1/2 price" I have tried to reform that approach though.

When I get lowballed by A-holes I either ignore them or respond with a "for you, $50 extra". On the other hand when an established and reputable seller offers a lower price I always consider it and give a polite response.

I often ask if the seller will take 10% less than asking unless the price is so good that is insulting. Some get pissy, but we all know how realistic used prices are on here and I don't mind if they get butt-hurt over it. most don't.

I sold a gun to an ammo flipper the other day. I suppose his money is as good as another's but it felt so dirty. I didn't realize he was a 22lr flipper when I accepted his purchase. but I damn sure can't bring myself to give a positive feedback.

There is a guy in my area who buys any decent bolt gun and posts is a week later for $100-$200 more. burns me up

That said, I love ODT and have met a bunch of great guys on here! The craigslist crowd is a stainer for sure

Back
Top Bottom