Rant and beating a dead horse!!!

The thing I don't like is the guys who are on here trying to run a business on trading/buying guns. It's a hobby to me. I've made many trades without looking up a gun value. I see something I want, I trade.
I listed someting for $550, guy sends message saying he can do $450. . . . lol
Then he sends a message saying he is in the business of buying/selling firearms and thats the best he can do
I sent a message asking if he was sure he wasn't in the business of lowballing

This **** happens almost daily, so tired of it!

The answer is simple.

Overprice your stuff and then you can knock some off the price when people PM you.

You end up getting the price you want for your item, and they are happy because they talked you down some off the original asking price.
You'll need to add some balloons, flailing arms inflatable man and a big tent if you wanna do the old Weekend Tent Sale. On and don't forget to put " Slashing Prices to the Bone!" In the ad.:becky:

I listed someting for $550, guy sends message saying he can do $450. . . . lol
Then he sends a message saying he is in the business of buying/selling firearms and thats the best he can do
I sent a message asking if he was sure he wasn't in the business of lowballing

This **** happens almost daily, so tired of it!

Must have been the same guy that messaged me. I chuckled a lil and never answered him. lol

The thing I don't like is the guys who are on here trying to run a business on trading/buying guns. It's a hobby to me. I've made many trades without looking up a gun value. I see something I want, I trade.
I think you as well as tlw1179 make a good point. I think there are more than a few guys who want to sell guns for a living but don't want to pay for a gun shop or even an FFL. Sooner or later that will bite you in the ass one way or another. I've been called a crooked unlicensed used car dealer more than once. But at least when I flip a car it makes a decent to damn good profit. How much profit can there be in flipping guns?

I think you as well as tlw1179 make a good point. I think there are more than a few guys who want to sell guns for a living but don't want to pay for a gun shop or even an FFL. Sooner or later that will bite you in the ass one way or another. I've been called a crooked unlicensed used car dealer more than once. But at least when I flip a car it makes a decent to damn good profit. How much profit can there be in flipping guns?
I listed that Glock 27 for $550 with nearly $250 in extras/ammo
They guy offered $450
Clydes armory has 2 trade in G27 just like mine for $399.99
Either:
A) The guy is full of **** and just wants to lowball you
B) He's an idiot & bad business man

I used to enjoy buying and sell an occasional gun. Now it seems like work to try to sell something. I just found something else I want and need/want to sell something to buy it. I don't need to pay my rent, fix my truck and my dog is fine. I just wanted to buy a new gun. I am just glad there are still a few sain people around.

I hear you brother!

I appreciate when someone let's me know about a mistake but dislike my thread being junked up...they must be English majors or just asshats.

and when you turn down their offer, instead of going away they change tactics and begin insulting your item as if that is going to make you want to deal with them...

Back
Top Bottom