Rant and beating a dead horse!!!

I disagree here. I almost always post a price that I truly believe is fair, then I just don't budge. If they want it they can get it, if they want it cheaper, then they don't get it. If it doesn't sell it doesn't sell.
I see what you're you're saying, but from what I've seen on here, people like to haggle a little. I'm not talking about the stupid lowball offers you get from some people, but the ones that make a decent offer that's a bit lower than my asking price. I'll normally reply with a counter offer and they can either accept that, or they can make me another offer.

People like to be able to talk you down off your original price a little, so it's good to add a little bit of wiggle room.

I see what you're you're saying, but from what I've seen on here, people like to haggle a little. I'm not talking about the stupid lowball offers you get from some people, but the ones that make a decent offer that's a bit lower than my asking price. I'll normally reply with a counter offer and they can either accept that, or they can make me another offer.

People like to be able to talk you down off your original price a little, so it's good to add a little bit of wiggle room.

It's almost necessary to do this on Craigslist. Case in point: had a car I wanted to get rid of a few years ago, priced it at what I wanted for it ($500 - a real piece of crap junker) and was honest about everything good/bad with it. Only interest was from some guy wanting to give me $200. Priced it again at $800 and had a very short description and got $500 the next afternoon.

People need to feel they're getting a deal. Makes everyone happier. So "give 'em a deal" so to speak.

People need to feel they're getting a deal. Makes everyone happier. So "give 'em a deal" so to speak.
Exactly.

Heck, I'm the same way when I buy on ODT. I don't send stupid lowball offers, but I usually PM an offer for something that is slighty lower than the listed price (unless it's already a killer deal).

I think it's just human nature to haggle and try to get the best deal possible.

You list something for sale. You put your price on the add. They PM you and ask your best price. You tell them your best price. They want something thrown in for free. You throw it in for free. You get another PM back will you take another $100 off. WTF. It is getting hard to be nice on here trying to sell something. People loss all common courtesy when dealing on the internet. Sorry, but I am asking a fair price(about $400 of what you can order it online for) and still get insulted. I am sorry rant is over. Thanks for listening!!!!
Hope everyone has a great rest of the afternoon!!!!

You know what I hate? People that don't know the difference between ADD and AD. :boink:

You list something for sale. You put your price on the add. They PM you and ask your best price. You tell them your best price. They want something thrown in for free. You throw it in for free. You get another PM back will you take another $100 off. WTF. It is getting hard to be nice on here trying to sell something. People loss all common courtesy when dealing on the internet. Sorry, but I am asking a fair price(about $400 of what you can order it online for) and still get insulted. I am sorry rant is over. Thanks for listening!!!!
Hope everyone has a great rest of the afternoon!!!!

That happens to me and I just go back to my original price +10% or so with no goodies if they still want it.. if not their is always another buyer if you have your item listed at a fair price to begin with

Back
Top Bottom