• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Raising asking price....

its not. Just lots of butt hurt jellyfish wishing they had prepared. Same ones cried to Mommy anytime they lost musical chairs as a kid. The music has stopped playing and they are left standing without any lead
Today's WWW winning post!!

I have a home defense shotgun I'm ready to sell but am having a hell of a time deciding on a price. Comparable guns literally range from $400 to $900 just on ODT. Some gunbroker prices are over $1000. The market is nuts. I'll be selling to to fund a purchase so if I have to buy in the market, I'll certainly have to sell at market prices, though I'll have to take a wild guess at that.

Still people like me (us) are not "resellers". I've lost more money than I'll ever make on this site, LOL.

I have a home defense shotgun I'm ready to sell but am having a hell of a time deciding on a price. Comparable guns literally range from $400 to $900 just on ODT. Some gunbroker prices are over $1000. The market is nuts. I'll be selling to to fund a purchase so if I have to buy in the market, I'll certainly have to sell at market prices, though I'll have to take a wild guess at that.

Still people like me (us) are not "resellers". I've lost more money than I'll ever make on this site, LOL.
I've damn sure bought(spent) more than I've sold(made?) and lost money on most.

With all these prices going up, people are asking more for their guns, ammo, mags, gas, homes, etc. So, If I bought a desirable pistol way back when, and fair market value has doubled or tripled lately, is it "for profit" to sell it at current market value? I mean, If I had to replace it, current price would have to be payed, right? Its that way with gas, your house, and pretty much everything we consume or like, so why is it frowned upon in the firearm world?
your product is worth what ever someone will pay

I've damn sure bought(spent) more than I've sold(made?) and lost money on most.
Wife asked me how much money I have 'sitting' in the safe just last night. I was like "uh, I don't know, a lot were trades..." and was able to quickly change the subject. That was a close one.

I consider it a hobby so loosing a little money is fine. It's better than having thousands in golf clubs that lose value. I'm certainly fine with people making money though. The only way to curb that would be with regulation and that would definitely be worse.

Back
Top Bottom