• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Raising asking price....

It just seems that way to you. Been like that from the start. 99.999999% of the stuff listed on here has always been WAY overpriced. That's cool with me though, because it makes finding the deals that much sweeter.

btw, just looking through the stuff you have sold in the past, it all seems overpriced to me, but to others it was a deal. It's all subjective.

Everything that I sold was below retail. And if it was AT retail, it was because it was BNIB and came with extra mags, holster, etc...

That's why my listings sell on average, in less than 5 min. Clearly, I could ask for more. I choose not to.

Everything that I sold was below retail. And if it was AT retail, it was because it was BNIB and came with extra mags, holster, etc...

That's why my listings sell on average, in less than 5 min. Clearly, I could ask for more. I choose not to.
gah, I had that happen once and it was the worst feeling. Multiple buyers in minutes... awe crap.
I don't try to screw people over but I'm not running a charity, lol.

gah, I had that happen once and it was the worst feeling. Multiple buyers in minutes... awe crap.
I don't try to screw people over but I'm not running a charity, lol.

Dude, it happens every time with me. But I know that going in. I know what I paid, know what the local dealers, at least the ones that I buy from, are selling them for today, and I price it just under that if it is like new, and at that if it is unfired... And that happens a good bit. I see a good deal, I pick it up on impulse... and 6 months later it is still sitting there in the box in the gun room and I don't really have a need for it, so I sell if for what I paid to get my money back.

I don't think that there has been even one gun that I bought and later sold at some point, that I ever made a dollar on...

As someone that took an ODT break for a few years I can pretty confidently say that the Trader part of ODT is actually better than ever. The site has grown so there's a lot more availability. Flippers and price gougers have been a thing since year one. It's not an ODT thing, it's a human thing.

PLEEEZ tell me your secret on how you took a break from this site for a couple years....Many have tried but usually fail

Find something else to occupy your life. I was gone for most of last year.

My longest is about 9 months and then fell off the wagon

Dude, it happens every time with me. But I know that going in. I know what I paid, know what the local dealers, at least the ones that I buy from, are selling them for today, and I price it just under that if it is like new, and at that if it is unfired... And that happens a good bit. I see a good deal, I pick it up on impulse... and 6 months later it is still sitting there in the box in the gun room and I don't really have a need for it, so I sell if for what I paid to get my money back.

I don't think that there has been even one gun that I bought and later sold at some point, that I ever made a dollar on...

I've done some trading and values always get a little more fuzzy like that. Can't remember if there was ammo or whatever in the trade years ago so it's tough to know what I have in some of these. Take a guess at market value and sometimes I'm just off. Breaking even is definitely great though. Not to many hobbies that you can almost get out what you put in.

oh no doubt compared to most they are good prices. I was just saying for what I would be willing to pay they are all overpriced. Again, I said it is subjective.

I'm a cheap bastard though, so don't get your feelers hurt. On the same note, 99.9% of my listings are overpriced if I look at them as a buyer instead of a seller.

Back
Top Bottom