• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Raising asking price....

With all these prices going up, people are asking more for their guns, ammo, mags, gas, homes, etc. So, If I bought a desirable pistol way back when, and fair market value has doubled or tripled lately, is it "for profit" to sell it at current market value? I mean, If I had to replace it, current price would have to be payed, right? Its that way with gas, your house, and pretty much everything we consume or like, so why is it frowned upon in the firearm world?
I think it is only "frowned upon" by a few whiners that like to try to control what others do with their property. It is all about lack of preparation and control over others. The WIC (Whiner In Charge) has stated that he wants to post on peoples ad's, that HE thinks is too high. No doubt the WIC wants to try and shame people, that HE thinks are pricing to high. There are a few others here that support the WIC but I think the majority of gun owners would see a price they don't like and move on.

@JWC has stated many times that we all agreed to the rules of The ODT when we joined and evidently the owner has not seen fit to change them and I'm just a little peon but happen to agree. I have no idea why these few whiners continue griping about something they can not change.

Just as well post this little guy that some love and some love to hate.

SirWHINESaLot.jpg

With all these prices going up, people are asking more for their guns, ammo, mags, gas, homes, etc. So, If I bought a desirable pistol way back when, and fair market value has doubled or tripled lately, is it "for profit" to sell it at current market value? I mean, If I had to replace it, current price would have to be payed, right? Its that way with gas, your house, and pretty much everything we consume or like, so why is it frowned upon in the firearm world?
I say go with replacement value. Glocks aren’t really $750, but if you’re looking to buy one in ODT that’s what they’re listed for. You can’t sell it for what you paid and get a comparable weapon right now, so go with replacement value.

I was actually referring to the alphabet gubment office that watches our every move...maybe one on them will chime in soon...Maybe one already has?

THOSE unnamed people will be the ones who will try to coax you into doing/selling something illegal...it's their bag, their game, their raison d'etre..... And when you get arrested and charged, they'll claim their informant was coaxed into an illegal deal...

Back
Top Bottom